Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turkey breast fillet ideas

Options
  • 29-06-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

going away with the gf at the end of july, so were both cutting down on fatty foods for next month, loads of salads, grilled chicken etc.

i like turkey breast fillets, but as you know theyre quite dry, id normally butterfly them, marinate with cajun or spices and cook on the george foreman. theyre still always a little bit tough though.

just wondering what other ways to do the fillets, anyone done any past dishes, curry dishes, etc. the healthier the better.

cheers

rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Anything done with chicken could be easily transferred to turkey which makes the possibilities endless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've often used turkey breasts as a substitute for chicken in curries, stews, etc. Check out the Easy Peasy Recipes thread or the Cooking Club for chicken dishes & just use the turkey instead of chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i know its similar poultry wise, but the turkeys always a bit tougher / dryer than the chicken.

ill try substitute a few chicken dishes with it, see how i get on.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

2 tbsp marmalade
    2 tbsp miso paste
    2 tbsb light soy sauce
    Good pinch 5 spice

You can either cut the breast into chunks or pound it flat and marinade, then it should cook in the Foreman no problem. It's a really fantastic marinade for chicken or turkey.

interesting combination, will give that a go cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

copeyhagen wrote: »
    ...the turkeys always a bit tougher / dryer than the chicken...

This should not be an issue if making a curry or a stew. As a matter of fact, the stronger flavour of turkey can really add to the dish too.

had my dads leftover beef curry for lunch so curry is out.

gonna do this, have msot the ingredients

http://www.britishturkey.co.uk/recipes/recipe.php?code=027

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Get it minced and use it everywhere you use beef/lamb/pork mince. It works VERY well for meatballs. Very moist, and super low calorie/easy!

Turkey Meatballs
    100g of turkey pp
    1 slice of stale bread
    1 onion
    1 clove of garlic
    Parsley
    Tin chopped tomatoes
    Spagetti

Blitz the onion, garlic, parsley and the bread in a food processor. Add to mince and season. Empty the tin of tomatoes into a medium sized pot.
    Roll the turkey into little balls and 'plop' them into the tomato (just the plain tomato, you can add seasoning/paste if you want).
    Cover and bring to a gentle simmer. Now, don’t touch the little fellas - wait until the tops of the balls have gone white and then shake the pan around until they get covered by the sauce. You have to be gentle with them until they're fully cooked, and the sauce is reduced a bit. You can add a good lump of spinach in near the end and let it wilt on top. You can try mixing it in gently or just serve. Meanwhile pop the spagetti on. The meatballs take about 20 mins to cook fully. Surprisingly tasty! And about 600 cals per person incl 100g of pasta.

Advertisement