Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Romney gif. He's wearing a rainbow tie.

Now, who said he was anti-gay?

fitz0 wrote: »
    Its a good show, but it comes of a little preachy by times and for all is cleverness in its writing it suffers from being too clever.

Then again, its very well written, acted and produced and I'm very interested in seeing where it goes next season.

I gave up on The West Wing after 3 episodes, doubt I could get through as many of something that was admitting to being preachy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"Jesus back in Government"
    When was Jesus ever in Government? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Galvasean wrote: »
    "Jesus back in Government"
    When was Jesus ever in Government? :confused:
    I can never read much from these sorts of people without thinking of the quote, "You’re entitled to your own opinions. You’re not entitled to your own facts."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maybe they were talking about Mexican government?

"What the hell's the difference?" asks gay veteran to Romney.

I always find it interesting when conservative politicians in America are confronted by someone like this. They never know what to do because they can't dismiss him as some kind of liberal hippie type as he's a bonnafide war vet.

I really really dislike Romney. Couldn't give a sh. . :mad:

But, to cheer myself up after that video, I'll leave this here:

5sCuP.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The Republicans, they all mad!

The Democrats are not far behind.

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/06/democratic-convention-reinstatement-jerusalem?newsfeed=true

Democratic convention erupts over reinstatement of Jerusalem to policy.
    Row over Israel mars second day of convention as party moves to add back 'God' and 'Jerusalem' language to platform

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

219652.jpg

• Advertisement

GOP Suggests Democrats Are Hostile To ‘God,’ Ignore Lengthy Passage On Faith In Platform.
    A recent media firestorm over referencing God in the 2012 Democratic Platform appears to be a bit of a tempest in a tea pot, ignoring critical context in a fashion that raises serious questions about the role of faith in public life. The controversy was kicked off by the Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody, who noticed that the word “God” never appeared in the platform text despite the platform’s page-long discussion of the value of faith and religious institutions. The point was picked up by several Republican-leaning outlets, and then migrated into the mainstream media.
    The Romney campaign has now jumped on this issue, sending Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan out to bash supposed Democratic hostility to faith:
    It’s not in keeping with our founding documents, our founding vision. I’d guess you’d have to ask the Obama administration why they purged all this language from their platform. There sure is a lot of mention of government. I guess I would just put the onus and the burden on them to explain why they did all this, these purges of God.

It doesn't matter does it? No matter how many times these Republicans are told that the founding fathers didn't care for religious influence in politics, they wanted a separation of church and state, they still come back.

"But, it says on our money 'In God We Trust'".
    "I'll thrust me boot up yer hole!!" :mad:

"I'll thrust me boot up yer hole!!" :mad:

Your ideas intrigue me sir and I should like to subscribe to your newsletter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They had "In God We Trust" on coins since the 19th century, but only put it on banknotes in 1957, at the height of atheistic-communistic paranoia :rolleyes:

...In Ireland the motto should probably be "With God We Thrust" as they ride civil society sideways from independence right through til today

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Galvasean wrote: »
    "What the hell's the difference?" asks gay veteran to Romney.

I always find it interesting when conservative politicians in America are confronted by someone like this. They never know what to do because they can't dismiss him as some kind of liberal hippie type as he's a bonnafide war vet.

In fairness Romney gave his answer in a straight forward way. You can disagree with it by all means but he was nominated democratically by the GOP which feels that this issue is important for them. Compared to Obama who was for , then against, now for again gay marriage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

come again?
    this is a country where people are committing crimes or joining the army to be able to gain access to basic healthcare.

sawqbm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

come again?
    this is a country where people are committing crimes or joining the army to be able to gain access to basic healthcare.

sawqbm.jpg
    Back under your bridge now, troll.

Gumbi wrote: »
    Back under your bridge now, troll.
    Of course there is no such thing as a free lunch in America of all places. :)

2e64y39.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'm sure there's some point you think you're making here…

I'm sure there's some point you think you're making here…

You give him far too much credit.

In other news. The Nuns support Obamacare. Will this help capture the catholic vote?

Although I have a phobia of Nuns, this one doesn't scare me too much.

5f0.png

• Advertisement

sm6ewx.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Hey run -- great to have you back here again. Hope you got over the 666-issue!

Would you like to contribute something to the debate in this thread about Republican party nuttiness, or would you like to continue posting crayon-level rubbish and be carded?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sm6ewx.jpg

Are you trying to imply that if ObamaCare is brought in, clocks will have 9 hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Has anyone ever gone through www.deesillustration.com/?
    It's hilarious! :D

EDIT: Oh noes!
    The website is down!
    Probably the FBIlluminati-Jewish Dept. Curse them and their media control!

EDIT2: Ah ha!

Penn wrote: »
    Are you trying to imply that if ObamaCare is brought in, clocks will have 9 hands?

I think that's a reference to the time spent in the waiting room. :eek:

A bit like our own healthcare system. :)

I think that's a reference to the time spent in the waiting room. :eek:

A bit like our own healthcare system. :)

Ah, I see. I just presumed the person who produced this inane crap had already made that point by subtly placing a skeleton with his arm in a sling in the middle of the room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

robindch wrote: »
    Hey run -- great to have you back here again. Hope you got over the 666-issue!

Would you like to contribute something to the debate in this thread about Republican party nuttiness, or would you like to continue posting crayon-level rubbish and be carded?

You mean posting childish youtube clips or images from the left gets you in the cool gang, while doing the same from the right gets you the above tap on the shoulder. Both are two sides of the same coin IMO. Don't pretend its something else at least.

jank wrote: »
    You mean posting childish youtube clips or images from the left gets you in the cool gang, while doing the same from the right gets you the above tap on the shoulder. Both are two sides of the same coin IMO. Don't pretend its something else at least.

Have you ever agreed with anything anyone has ever said anywhere?

jank wrote: »
    In fairness Romney gave his answer in a straight forward way.

But does he ever give a solid reason as to why this man, a war veteran, deserves less rights than himself? The answer is simply no. Repeating, "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman" in no way justifies not giving gay people the same rights afforded to straight people. That's what ticked the vet off. While he appreciated that Romney answered his question truthfully, he was annoyed that Romney (or indeed anyone) couldn't explain a legitimate reason as to why he is not entitled to the same rights as everyone else. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman" does not explain why gay people should have less rights.

• Advertisement

Run_to_da_hills, do you think 'Obamacare' make healthcare in America better or worse? Your picture postings suggest the latter, but I'd like to see some reasoning behind them if you have the time?

Advertisement