Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't wait until jank finds this thread and starts frothing at the mouth.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Those crazy Republicans thread .... moved to Half-baked Republican Fruitcakes thread. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

robindch wrote: »

Cue the hiring of Michele Bachmann :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I can't wait until jank finds this thread and starts frothing at the mouth.

Lads, I am surprisedweirded out by my celebrity status here but why do you give a **** what I think or dont think about some random fundamentalists in place 99% of the folks here don't even live in.
    Have a hole in your lives to fill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

jank wrote: »
    Lads, I am surprisedweirded out by my celebrity status here but why do you give a **** what I think or dont think about some random fundamentalists in place 99% of the folks here don't even live in.

We don't, but that never stops you from telling us anyway.

Lads, I am weirded out by my celebrity status here but why do you give a **** what I think or dont think [...]
    It's unlikely that anybody here worries all that much about what you think or don't think.

On the contrary, I reckon that most people are probably just faintly amused at your continuing to post a range of half-baked insults without really appearing to understand much, if anything, about what you're being rude about. It's the forum equivalent of one of those guys you see around the place from time to time with a wild beard, unkempt hair and an old sandwich board, warning of an incoming comet or the heat death of the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I don't wear a sandwich board :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sarky wrote: »
    I don't wear a sandwich board :(

yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

It's unlikely that anybody here worries all that much about what you think or don't think.

On the contrary, I reckon that most people are probably just faintly amused at your continuing to post a range of half-baked insults without really appearing to understand much, if anything, about what you're being rude about. It's the forum equivalent of one of those guys you see around the place from time to time with a wild beard, unkempt hair and an old sandwich board, warning of an incoming comet or the heat death of the universe.

Clearly people do as I have been referred to twice in the past week in the third person. As I said its a bit weird but what ever makes you guys happy. Carry on. As for insults well, I guess you think your clever hiding behind your mod of this board a referring to another poster like that. Then you talk to me about insulting people? That's gas, as I always said, if I break the charter then warn or ban me otherwise leave it out.

• Advertisement

you talk to me about insulting people?
    Yep. You've enough bees in your various bonnets to populate a small apiary and you don't seem to do much more here than post a string of disconnected complaints about the silly opinions you think (wrongly) that everybody holds.

Do please try to contribute, jank, rather than just waving your fist at everybody all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/31/tennessee-lawmaker-wants-schools-out-gay-students-/

This just in, the GOP in Tennessee wants schools to out pupils in danger of health and safety (WTF?) violations regarding sexuality to their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Message to the Republican Party - blacks, gays and wimmins have votes now.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I just don't get the obsession with Republicans. You have a man in the White House who is responsible for the death of thousands, expansion of military operations worldwide, is the first (feel free to correct me on this) President to order an extra-judical assassination of a US citizen, standard repression of rights, overturning bans on arms aid that Bush (of all people!) brought in due to a lack of human rights, war crimes etc etc. but nevermind that, a R town councillor in some arsehole of a town believes in creationism!

I think the focus on them does a great disservice to actually highlighting proper injustice. I don't wanna point fingers here, I think it's an endemic attitude across developed nations. I know I'm ranting but it's Friday evening and I feel entitled to it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

c_man wrote: »
    I just don't get the obsession with Republicans. You have a man in the White House who is responsible for the death of thousands, expansion of military operations worldwide, is the first (feel free to correct me on this) President to order an extra-judical assassination of a US citizen, standard repression of rights, overturning bans on arms aid that Bush (of all people!) brought in due to a lack of human rights, war crimes etc etc. but nevermind that, a R town councillor in some arsehole of a town believes in creationism!

I think the focus on them does a great disservice to actually highlighting proper injustice. I don't wanna point fingers here, I think it's an endemic attitude across developed nations. I know I'm ranting but it's Friday evening and I feel entitled to it :pac:

....because bad as the current shower are, they're far less scary than the alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

c_man wrote: »

Unfortunately with American politics you take the lesser of two evil influences. A good portion of Republicans posted here were in significant positions and Romney made pre-election promises that they could very well forcibly lobby him to keep. Basically it all boiled down to which side's crazy positions would have the least influence. For the moment that's the democrats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So, is he a Muslim, a communist, or an atheist?
    He's all three.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Moved to fruitcakes.:)

Perhaps disingenuously assuming that criticising Obama == Republican. But still I thought this was appropriate for here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Daft, but not unsurprising. Just the small matter of Sept 11th happening on Bush's watch, though I don't think it was really his fault, and I say that as someone who wouldn't have really agreed with him at all. 'Bush kept us safe' is the stock line from Sean Hannity who pretty much salivates at any chance to use it. Such blinkered nonsense, but look, the American right pretty much owns the talking points and debate about defence, patriotism, terrorism, and boy, if you question their official version of America, they'll kick you around plenty. Some of it's utterly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Found an interesting article on the right-wing benefactors fuelling the culture wars in America in today's Guardian.

Remind you of anyone? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Rick Perry compares rejecting LGBT people to fighting slavery.
    The Boy Scouts have in recent years been caught in the crossfire over LGBT equality, singled out for their policy of banning openly gay people from becoming members or scout leaders. The group is in the process of dropping that ban, but the official policy decision hinges on a vote coming up this month at the scouts’ National Executive Board.

Perry added that the greatest governor in Texas’s history, Gov. Sam Houston, opposed slavery and opposed leaving the union in the pre-Civil War era. “That’s the type of principled leadership, that’s the type of courage, that I hope people across this country, on this issue of scouts and keeping the Boy Scouts the organization it is today, [will have],” he said.

Rick seems to have some crossed wires, or a blown fuse in his head. He wants to use the name of a man who opposed slavery, as inspiration for oppressing the LGBT community. Some Christians can't grasp simple logic or reason very well.

It never ceases to amaze me, how dummies like Perry, Palin, Gingrich, Santorum, Hannity, the Healy-Rae's, O' Cuiv etc can acquire so much wealth and power. I think I need to get more stupiderer, and see if the money starts to roll in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Daft, but not unsurprising. Just the small matter of Sept 11th happening on Bush's watch, though I don't think it was really his fault, and I say that as someone who wouldn't have really agreed with him at all.

He was kind of. Not the actual attack itself, but the stopping of the law enforcement services from doing anything to prevent the attacks.

You see, between them, both the FBI and the CIA in the late days of the Clinton administration (remind me was he Kang or Kodos?), between the two organisations most of the 19 were actually under surveillance, and there were hints that a terrorist attack involving planes was to take place in mid to late Autumn of 2001 (clues like the boys what did the killing taking flying lessons where they skipped the bits about landing the plane or safety checks). However when they started following the money trail this kicked back to persons with significant ties to the ibn Sauds and the bin Ladens (the Saudi royal family, and the second most powerful dynasty in Saudi Arabia).

This meant it went to the National Security Council, where Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld killed the investigations (mostly because they were afraid of rubbbing the ibn Saud's the wrong way, as they had been bankrolling the Bushes for two generations at this stage, and giving significant spondolicks to Cheney and Rummy as well). They nixed the investigations and the terrorists slipped away to fly planes into the twin towers and the Pentagon on Sept 11th (also famous for the CIA's slaying of Salvador Allende during the Chilean coup in 1971).

There is a coda to the story. When the whole of the US was under a no-fly lockdown after the attacks, there was one family which were privileged enough to fly out of the US, the bin Ladens. Now they were not involved in the attacks, Osama being pretty much a black sheep, but he did keep in regular contact with his family, if only to pick up his annual share of the profits, then running at $52m p.a., and they would have had some actionable intelligence on him, possibly preventing the FUBAR that was Afghanistan.

Coda no. 2. The Taliban were as willing to get rid of Osama as the US appeared to be. They offered, almost immediately, to capture him and bundle him on a plane to a third country, like e.g. Turkey from which the US government would have no problems extraditing him to face the justice he truly deserved (I'm against the death penalty, but in this instance I would have gladly pulled the switch myself if asked). But by this stage the three stooges had already decided that this was the perfect way to get at Iraq, something they were planning (and putting all the intelligence money towards) since before they got elected stole the election through the good offices of Jeb and the Supreme Court daddy Bush handpicked.

A Democrat suggests that deity wants people to use their noggins when it comes to climate change:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/sheldon-whitehouse-god-climate_n_3241330.html?utm_hp_ref=religion&ir=Religion#
    We must also believe that God gave us our human powers of intellect and reason. He gives us these powers so that we his children can learn and understand earth's natural laws, [...] What intellect tells people is that they are polluting the planet and causing it to warm with foreseeable, catastrophic consequences [...] senseless to ignore what the God of knowledge has enabled people to learn [...] We learn these natural laws, and we apply them to build and create, and we prosper [...] So why then, when we ignore his plain, natural laws, when we ignore the obvious conclusions to be drawn by our God-given intellect and reason, why then would God, the tidy-up God, drop in and spare us?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

A Democrat suggests that deity wants people to use their noggins when it comes to climate change:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/sheldon-whitehouse-god-climate_n_3241330.html?utm_hp_ref=religion&ir=Religion#

the tidy-up God???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Endorsed by 'himself'.

ht_anna_pierre_tk_130514_wg.jpg
    “My Jesus has control over my life & the title of mayor doesn’t define who I am as a person,” Pierre wrote. “North Miami chose ‘Luciefer’ (sic) over Jesus. Thank you for your trust & support, your financial contribution, and most importantly – your prayers! I have lost a hard fought battle but not a war.”

Pierre received just 56 votes, or 0.83 percent,

Jaysus is up to his tricks again. Didn't 'he' endorse Santorum, Bachmann and Gingrich?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

“My Jesus has control over my life & the title of mayor doesn’t define
    who I am as a person,”

I see phonecalls to the cops and a barring order down the line....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It never ceases to amaze me, how dummies like Perry, Palin, Gingrich, Santorum, Hannity, the Healy-Rae's, O' Cuiv etc can acquire so much wealth and power. I think I need to get more stupiderer, and see if the money starts to roll in.

People tend to vote for people who remind them of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

As I'm sure most people are aware, Glenn Beck definitely falls into the category of fruitcake.

So there was an interview on CNN with a hurricane survivor who points out she's an atheist when Wolf Blitzer asked if she thanks the lord. T'was all grand, they laughed about it etc.

But according to Beck, he's fighting the forces of darkness and that it was part of a liberal atheist plot against god fearing Christians. :D

Advertisement