Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

So a young mother and infant are "the forces of darkness"? A creche must a truly terrifying place for Mr.Beck :eek::P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I knew it, I knew something was up with that atheist by the way she was holding that baby.

She plans to eat it to spread the spiritual darkness.

If so, I'd recommend some pesto and pasta to compliment the dish :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I knew it, I knew something was up with that atheist by the way she was holding that baby.

She plans to eat it to spread the spiritual darkness.

If so, I'd recommend some pesto and pasta to compliment the dish :pac:

Fava Beans! I miss RTDH, he would find some numerology aspect to the child giving high fives to Blitzer that resulted in 666...... I'd also like to point out that the child may in fact be Damien.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Wolf Blitzer is a terrible reporter and struggles outside the studio. Only he could ask a question as stupid as that. Poor Beck is becoming increasingly delusional. It is quite scary that the man gets as much air time as he does because there will be large amounts of Americans who will subscribe to his nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Fava Beans! I miss RTDH, he would find some numerology aspect to the child giving high fives to Blitzer that resulted in 666...... I'd also like to point out that the child may in fact be Damien.

Or the baby will be the next pope and usher in the apocalypse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

koth wrote: »
    So a young mother and infant are "the forces of darkness"? A creche must a truly terrifying place for Mr.Beck :eek::P

Well he does hate humanity and everything good about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Stop the presses! Rick Perry has won the War on Christmas! Seems he's about to sign bill permitting teachers and students to wish each other "happy christmas". The same bill allows schools to erect non-religion-promoting religious displays, whatever they are:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/05/24/texas-set-to-pass-bill-protecting-the-phrase-merry-christmas-from-well-no-one-really/

Dana has persistent problems with reality.
    “So much money has gone to science research projects, and they have used it to intimidate people who disagree with their attempt to frighten all of us into changing our lives and giving our freedom to make our choices on transportation and everything else,” Rohrabacker said. “No, that’s gotta be done by a government official — who, by the way, probably comes from Nigeria because he’s a UN government official, not a U.S. government official.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/12/republican-house-science-committee-member-global-warming-is-a-total-fraud/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

robindch wrote: »
    Dana has persistent problems with reality
    I thought you referring to 'our' Dana there.

The New Yorker reports on the Shutdown, the latest Teabagger/Republican posturing which has resulted in hundreds of thousands of government employees being temporarily laid off:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2013/09/government-shutdown-gop-extremists-defy-description.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Amazingly dumb strategy.

Don't they realise that these workers and their families have votes?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

ninja900 wrote: »
    Amazingly dumb strategy.

Don't they realise that these workers and their families have votes?
    I think the issue here is this is being driven by the tea partiers. Intelligence has nothing to do with it. Nor does caring for anyone other than themselves.

MrP

Any chance we could induct Owen Patterson as an honoury member of the roll of dishonour?

I know he's the wrong side of the pond, but Thatcher was the inspiration for the modern republican party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The New Yorker reports on the Shutdown, the latest Teabagger/Republican posturing which has resulted in hundreds of thousands of government employees being temporarily laid off:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2013/09/government-shutdown-gop-extremists-defy-description.html
    To repeat, I’m virtually speechless. So let’s return to Professor Seigel, who, without any prompting or mention of Culberson, said about the only comparison he could come up with for the Tea Party and its acolytes was with followers of Islamic jihad.

They're nuttier than squirrel sh*t!

Not sure to put this one here, or in the abortion thread:

Rick Perry Says His Wife Misspoke on Abortion When She Couldn’t Have Been Clearer

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/10/01/rick_perry_says_his_wife_misspoke_on_abortion_barely_covers_tracks.html
    Slate.com wrote:
    For a moment at Saturday’s 2013 Texas Tribune Festival in Austin, the mind control top GOP officials use to keep their womenfolk in line started to wear off.

Anita Perry—wife of Texas governor Rick “As Many Special Sessions As It Takes” Perry—awoke to find herself on stage, discussing abortion with Tribune editor-in-chief Evan Smith. “I see it as a women’s right,” she told him, as her handlers frantically pawed at their control boards. “If they want to do that, that is their decision; they have to live with that decision.”

My colleague Amanda Marcotte interpreted those shining seconds of progressive real talk as the First Lady of Texas trying to soften her husband’s image as a cold-eyed Ramses II of the uterus. “Having a pro-choice wife is an excellent way to look less fanatical!” she wrote.

But clearly, Anita Perry’s statements were the result of a technical glitch, as Rick Perry does not actually want a pro-choice wife.

Which is why today Perry told reporters at a campaign event for New Jersey Senate hopeful Steve Lonegan that his wife simply misspoke. “From time to time we’ll stick the wrong word in the wrong place, and you pounce upon it."

Yeah, right, Perry. We know what really happened. Next time just tell Marco Rubio to keep his water bottle away from the electrical circuits.

Tea Baggers not happy with the way America is going. "We need a military takeover." "Martial Law."

Why don't they wait for jesus to come back and 'sort sh*t out'? Oh, I know why, cos he's pushing up the daisies sand.

Tea Baggers not happy with the way America is going. "We need a military takeover." "Martial Law."

Why don't they wait for jesus to come back and 'sort sh*t out'? Oh, I know why, cos he's pushing up the daisies sand.

"In order to save the constitution, we must defecate on the constitution and destroy it!"

I think that's the tl;dr.

Oh and I like the way he doesn't understand martial law, "who the marshall's going to be" indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Endorsed by 'himself'.

ht_anna_pierre_tk_130514_wg.jpg

Jaysus is up to his tricks again. Didn't 'he' endorse Santorum, Bachmann and Gingrich?

That is all well and good but she was not a Republican, in fact a quick look at her policies she would be well suited to be a democrat, free health insurance and so on.

They're nuttier than squirrel sh*t!

Ah that chestnut again. You may dissagree with tea party and it followers based on policy and politics but to compare them with Islamic fundamentalists who use murder and violence to further their aims is just usual the liberal horse ****e that is found around the net.

I stopped reading here.
    It is dangerous to generalize, but American conservatism, at its base, seems to be primarily a movement of a middle class that sees itself as squeezed, besieged, and neglected, and whose grievances have as much to do with values as economics. In this, it shares something with earlier right-wing movements, such as the John Birch Society, and, demographically at least, with the radical right-wing movements of interwar Europe. That’s not to say it’s a fascist movement by any means. The European fascists were big-government conservatives, not small-government conservatives; they lacked the religious fundamentalism that motivates many American right-wingers; and, in some countries, they subscribed to a poisonous brew of racism, anti-Semitism, and eugenics that went well beyond the instinctive white-on-black racism that has long tinged American conservatism

He bemoans to generalize and then goes full retard with the insinuation of European Fascists and eugenics. But "That’s not to say it’s a fascist movement by any means" but I will just throw it out there. What a dishonest journalist.

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    You may dissagree with tea party and it followers based on policy and politics but to compare them with Islamic fundamentalists who use murder and violence to further their aims is just usual the liberal horse ****e [...]
    In your slightly over-excited rush to post the above, you may have missed the video that joseph_brand posted yesterday in which an elderly teabagger (or an elderly man with teabagger sympathies) calls for a military coup. Here's that video again:

While you'll find the comparison unsettling, unfortunately, the malevolent, fundamentalist, batshit crazy, intellectual peasants that make up the current crop of teabaggers in the US are little different from the malevolent, fundamentalist, batshit crazy, intellectual peasants who make up the taleban.

I stopped reading here.
    Clearly you didn't, since you quoted from further on in the article.
    What a dishonest journalist.
    Cough.

In your slightly over-excited rush to post the above, you may have missed the video that joseph_brand posted yesterday in which an elderly teabagger (or an elderly man with teabagger sympathies) calls for a military coup. Here's that video again:

While you'll find the comparison unsettling, unfortunately, the malevolent, fundamentalist, batshit crazy, intellectual peasants that make up the current crop of teabaggers in the US are little different from the malevolent, fundamentalist, batshit crazy, intellectual peasants who make up the taleban.

How do you know Rick Joyner is a member of the Tea Party or the GOP? If you want to compare than at least try and people who are actual members of the tea party movement first, maybe elected representatives, then we have a go at your other absurd statement.

Clearly you didn't, since you quoted from further on in the article.Cough.

Well it does seem the New Yorker is taking on the more subtle acts of journalistic deceptions pioneered by Fox News.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

How do you know Rick Joyner is a member of the Tea Party or the GOP? .

...by reading the policies of his organisation....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭nagirrac

Just to lighten the mood a little.. SNL have outdone themselves here, possibly their greatest sketch ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

'Not available in your country'
    I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Nodin wrote: »
    ...by reading the policies of his organisation....?

So is he or is he not a member of the GOP or Tea Party. Its a very simple question. Yes or no will suffice. If yes, show me a link.

You guys should know all about proof right? You are trying to claim an assertion without any proof. A big no no for atheists. Or does that go out the window when it comes to mocking people you don't agree with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So is he or is he not a member of the GOP or Tea Party. Its a very simple question. Yes or no will suffice. If yes, show me a link.

You guys should know all about proof right? You are trying to claim an assertion without any proof. A big no no for atheists. Or does that go out the window when it comes to mocking people you don't agree with?

Evidence, not proof.

• Advertisement

See here and here.

You could have looked it up yourself, if you didn't believe. We atheists, and I think I can speak for ALL OF US, aren't content with being spoon fed. So we often resort to looking for the information ourselves, from more than one single source.
    There are others, who get their news from the likes of the Daily Mail. I suppose the Tea Baggers are made out to be bastions of morality over there.

Advertisement