Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Essentially a sham conservative.
    I don't get the "cuck" part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I don't get the "cuck" part.

Short for cuckold, essentially implying that said right-winger has allowed him/herself to be sexually humiliated by special interests of some sort. It's a really bizarre term when you go into it.

Custardpi wrote: »
    Short for cuckold, essentially implying that said right-winger has allowed him/herself to be sexually humiliated by special interests of some sort. It's a really bizarre term when you go into it.

Hmm. Sounds pretty kindergarten-level, alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Its the insult/label du jure of 2016, for those who use nationalism/conservatism as a badge of convenience for their true political beliefs, which in Glenn Becks case, are religious mania/zionism, far more cutting then the usual RINO(Republican in name only). Essentially a sham conservative.

Fascinating captain.

"Cuckservative is a neologistic epithet.[1] It is a portmanteau of the word cuckold and the political designation conservative, and has become an increasingly popular pejorative label used within the conservative movement,[2] and among white supremacists in the United States"

"Far right anti-immigrant groups have used the term to condemn white politicians who they say unknowingly promote "the interests of Jews and non-whites".[5] The Anti-Defamation League says that the term is used by white supremacists as a synonym of the pre-existing phrase "race traitors".[5]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckservative

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So, would that make the cancerous corner of the Internet from which that term arose the "Ku Kucks Klan"?

• Advertisement

So, would that make the cancerous corner of the Internet from which that term arose the "Ku Kucks Klan"?

Jew betcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Its not bizarre at all, its hilariously fitting for the modern beta male. Its a catch all term at this point. It applies to anyone who is weak.

Lurkio wrote: »
    Fascinating captain.

"Cuckservative is a neologistic epithet.[1] It is a portmanteau of the word cuckold and the political designation conservative, and has become an increasingly popular pejorative label used within the conservative movement,[2] and among white supremacists in the United States"

"Far right anti-immigrant groups have used the term to condemn white politicians who they say unknowingly promote "the interests of Jews and non-whites".[5] The Anti-Defamation League says that the term is used by white supremacists as a synonym of the pre-existing phrase "race traitors".[5]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckservative

muh white supremacy, muh far right, you forgot the old favourite
    tumblr_lzg04bm90s1qdxmcwo2_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Its a catch all term at this point.

I think the thumbnail for that vid you just posted says all that needs to be said about the usage of the term, well, that and the other video you posted titled "Self hating white CUCK" are pretty indicative of what the word means, it's pretty much replaced "race traitor" in the vernacular of the extreme right. It's plain as day you're just using this forum to push a racist agenda, your dogwhistles are loud and clear.

Its not bizarre at all, its hilariously fitting for the modern beta male. Its a catch all term at this point. It applies to anyone who is weak.

Don't get me wrong JP, I'm as big a fan of dumb juvenile humour as the next guy, including when it comes to politics. I've always had a sneaking regard for the Lyndon B Johnson approach for instance.
    There is a story in politics, commonly attributed to Lyndon B. Johnson, about how LBJ wanted to circulate a rumor attacking his opponent in a Texas election. Johnson, it's said, wanted to spread the story that his opponent liked to have sex with barnyard animals. One of LBJ's aides said, "We can't prove he's a pig f----r."
    "I know that," replied Johnson. "I just want to hear him deny it."

However, the Alt Right tendency to label anyone & everyone who dares to stray even a nanometre left of Augusto Pinochet in their politics is really just pathetic & mirrors some of the worst tendencies for in fighting found in the nuttier fringes of the far left. Used to that extent the "cuck" insult becomes like "yore ma" jokes - funny in small doses perhaps but if you get someone who makes them their main source of humour you'll probably find them a bit weird to hang around with.

• Advertisement

Must be embarrassing for the irish "far right" then so.

Name-calling as a substitute for intelligent argument.

Yeah, sounds like a position of strength, alright.

I'm not entirely sure Ted "Zodiac Killer" Cruz is human, 'cos that looks a really awkward, ill-fitting person-suit.

https://twitter.com/theoncominghope/status/727247840808960004

If you haven't seen it already here's Bill Maher's tabloid magazine take on Cruz. Going by the last one the writers were obviously thinking along the same lines as you.

Don't get me wrong JP, I'm as big a fan of dumb juvenile humour as the next guy, including when it comes to politics. I've always had a sneaking regard for the Lyndon B Johnson approach for instance.

However, the Alt Right tendency to label anyone & everyone who dares to stray even a nanometre left of Augusto Pinochet in their politics is really just pathetic & mirrors some of the worst tendencies for in fighting found in the nuttier fringes of the far left. Used to that extent the "cuck" insult becomes like "yore ma" jokes - funny in small doses perhaps but if you get someone who makes them their main source of humour you'll probably find them a bit weird to hang around with.
    In the context of the thread, I think juvenile humour is just fine, the more offended some elements get at certain turns of phrase, all the more reason to use them.

Must be embarrassing for the irish "far right" then so.

Id say it applies to all Irish politicians and spectrums, far right, far left, they are all weak and pathetic. We dont have any strong politicians/statesmen in this country.
    Name-calling as a substitute for intelligent argument.

Yeah, sounds like a position of strength, alright.

No need for intelligent argument when the person you are labeling is threatening to commit suicide if Donald Trump wins an election whilst mashing his face into a bowl of cheetos on camera........ I mean, come on, lighten up bro, no need to be so po faced, this is the internet, on a thread where we mock right wing political cranks and sociopaths.

I mean, come on, lighten up bro, no need to be so po faced, this is the internet, on a thread where we mock right wing political cranks and sociopaths.
    I don't consider it po-faced to call out racist dog-whistle phrases when I see them.

Id say it applies to all Irish politicians and spectrums, far right, far left, they are all weak and pathetic. We dont have any strong politicians/statesmen in this country.

Indeed. We need men of the right, decision makers & entrepeneurs - businessmen who've experienced life - at the wheel, showing the same sort of teamwork and leadership seen so often on the rugby field.

I don't consider it po-faced to call out racist dog-whistle phrases when I see them.

"racist dog whistle phrases",

maybe leave the PC sector of the internet, that type of "muh racism" discourse is dead, consigned to old humourless people, its an irrelevancy, read your 1970's analogy into it all you want, it just shows you dont get it, time has passed you by. Cuck is a meme, nothing more.
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/carl-the-cuck-and-aids-skrillex

Indeed. We need men of the right, decision makers & entrepeneurs - businessmen who've experienced life - at the wheel, showing the same sort of teamwork and leadership seen so often on the rugby field.

I like your train of thought, add a healthy of dose of national interest and you have the ideal man, the leader of man and nation.
    tumblr_nxicz8LMYL1qb42zoo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't think lack of testosterone is problem in Irish politics, neither is lack of privately schooled politicians (you know from the same schools that produce rugby leaders).. There are plenty sports leaders who are useless alcoholics now living of their past glory, making the the old boys club even more old boy's club might not be the best idea.

• Advertisement

Okay, if you kids have finished throwing your toys at one another here's a great article from Conor Friedersdorf in The Atlantic. Basically talking about how the rise of the Donald does or does not disprove the traditional view of "The Party Decides" thesis that party insiders/bigwigs will essentially anoint a leader & then "signal" to the wider party members that the person in question is the right & safe choice to support in the leadership contest. This political science thesis was part of the reason why so many saw Trump as going nowhere early on in the race - the establishment didn't like him. His continued success would therefore seem to disprove this view of party politics. However, to the extent that the Republican party has essentially been taken over by wider "movement conservatism" (Fox News, Brietbart, Rush Limbaugh etc) Friedersdorf argues the now almost inevitable crowning of Trump as leader represents less of a bouleversement of the party's establishment rule than simply the fact that said establishment, seeking to pander to movement conservatism has effectively been sending out Trump-like signals on a range of issues for years. Trump can thus be seen as the creation of many of the party who now are desperately trying to stop him.

"racist dog whistle phrases",

maybe leave the PC sector of the internet, that type of "muh racism" discourse is dead, consigned to old humourless people, its an irrelevancy, read your 1970's analogy into it all you want, it just shows you dont get it, time has passed you by.
    I know you'd love to intimidate everyone who doesn't buy into your homoerotic übermensch-worship off the Internet, but I'm going to have to disappoint you. There's nothing new and fresh about nationalism or racism; you're not setting any trends by subscribing uncritically to the view that people outside your in-group are somehow inferior.
    Cuck is a meme, nothing more.
    Interesting. Now I'm faced with two possibilities: either you don't understand what you're mindlessly parroting, or you are in denial about it.

Neither reflects well on you, frankly.
    I like your train of thought, add a healthy of dose of national interest and you have the ideal man, the leader of man and nation.
    tumblr_nxicz8LMYL1qb42zoo1_1280.jpg

Strong in this one, the homoeroticism is. Do you have a topless Putin poster on your bedroom wall?

^That article conveniently ignores the fact that republican voters have been voting "not Democrat" for the past twenty odd years, Trump finally represents(whether he believes what he says or not) the vehicle for the policies they want enacted, blaming the media, Hannity, Limbaugh etc, gives them far too much credit, they are playing to a ready made audience, they have not created one, same with the Republican leaders, hence the RINO/cuckservative epithets thrown the way of McCain, Boehner et all, and the lukewarm reception they receive from the "base". The Republican party has long been taken over by special interests, and is only now, through Trumpism, being wrested back for the common American man. Calling it movement conservatism and pretending its a created or marginal phenomenon is wishful thinking.

I know you'd love to intimidate everyone who doesn't buy into your homoerotic übermensch-worship off the Internet, but I'm going to have to disappoint you. There's nothing new and fresh about nationalism or racism; you're not setting any trends by subscribing uncritically to the view that people outside your in-group are somehow inferior. Interesting. Now I'm faced with two possibilities: either you don't understand what you're mindlessly parroting, or you are in denial about it.

Neither reflects well on you, frankly.

Strong in this one, the homoeroticism is. Do you have a topless Putin poster on your bedroom wall?
    Intimidate? Nah, calling someone out is not intimidation. Nationalism is new and fresh, in case you havent been keeping up with the news, practically every institution, from national to supranational have been united in trying to break down nations and people for the guts of the last seventy years. Communism, Fascism, Dictatorship, Apartheid/Racism, Neo liberalism, Democracy etc etc ect all tried, all failed in the last century.

"Mindlessly parroting", its a humourous epithet, clearly you dont get it, hence the overwrought analysis. Im not going to break down a joke, because that tends to ruin the joke and clearly arguing about something as subjective as humour with someone of the PC persuasion is never going to lead anywhere. Keep taking offence.

I do love Putin, yeah, a photoshopped pic of him and Donald riding shirtless on horseback is actually my screensaver in work, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

13118833_1005367862888611_4572042491907111598_n.jpg?oh=7b7c47ae3bbcbeda37089fed1d084de8&oe=57B83064

Intimidate? Nah, calling someone out is not intimidation. Nationalism is new and fresh, in case you havent been keeping up with the news, practically every institution, from national to supranational have been united in trying to break down nations and people for the guts of the last seventy years. Communism, Fascism, Dictatorship, Apartheid/Racism, Neo liberalism, Democracy etc etc ect all tried, all failed in the last century.

"Mindlessly parroting", its a humourous epithet, clearly you dont get it, hence the overwrought analysis. Im not going to break down a joke, because that tends to ruin the joke and clearly arguing about something as subjective as humour with someone of the PC persuasion is never going to lead anywhere. Keep taking offence.

I do love Putin, yeah, a photoshopped pic of him and Donald riding shirtless on horseback is actually my screensaver in work, lol.

Yes, we're truly privileged to have this level of analysis to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Well hurray, that piece of **** turbo-christian Ted Cruz is out. Unfortunately, HC is unlikable and although current polls show her beating Trump alot can happen between now and november.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

^That article conveniently ignores the fact that republican voters have been voting "not Democrat" for the past twenty odd years, Trump finally represents(whether he believes what he says or not) the vehicle for the policies they want enacted, blaming the media, Hannity, Limbaugh etc, gives them far too much credit, they are playing to a ready made audience, they have not created one, same with the Republican leaders, hence the RINO/cuckservative epithets thrown the way of McCain, Boehner et all, and the lukewarm reception they receive from the "base". The Republican party has long been taken over by special interests, and is only now, through Trumpism, being wrested back for the common American man. Calling it movement conservatism and pretending its a created or marginal phenomenon is wishful thinking.

I have seen a lot about Trump having policies for the common man. I have yet to see those policies (aside from a wall which has been established to be a stupid plan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Christy42 wrote: »
    I have seen a lot about Trump having policies for the common man. I have yet to see those policies (aside from a wall which has been established to be a stupid plan).

Of course it's stupid if you take it literally, it's a metaphorical wall and you can't take it out of context.

Wait a second, this is familiar...

• Advertisement

Thank **** Cruz is out.

Advertisement