Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Social with Tunes - Saturday 2nd July

Options
  • 29-06-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Open Social with Tunes - Saturday 2nd July

http://www.tog.ie/2011/06/open-social-tunes/

Social will kick off at 7pm this Saturday the 2nd of July until late. Feel free to bring your own beverage and food along. It’s a great chance to visit the space and see what we are all about. This event is free and open to the public. Location details here.

Dan a member of TOG will be giving an update on the great work being done at Cloughjordan, a new eco village, located in Tipperary.

After the talk we will have a set from Ewan from Boy Scout Audio. Restricted to a mere 16 notes per pattern and 16 patterns per track, he squeezes the last drops of musical juice from a Nintendo DS, battering the synthesized daylights out of the bare-bones Korg DS-10 software that is the sole sound of his music.

Then the night will continue with our own banter and tunes.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Edit - my bad, didn't realize the drums belonged to another crowd! (this was a post complaining about drumming late at night in close proximity to the TOG party)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Any chance you could not make assumptions and try to slate us for something we didn't do?

First off the comments made here are of my own accord and I am a member of Tog but I am not here as an official response from the Tog Hackerspace.

I was there on Saturday, in fact if it wasn't for myself and few others present at the party - you'd still be listening to that drumming. At around 3:30(ish) three individuals entered a building in close proximity to Tog. They did this of their own accord with their own keys and was NOTHING to do with the Tog party/hackerspace or members.

I will not entertain comments like "If the party wasn't on it would never have happened". Tog do not own a drum kit nor was the behavior encouraged. In fact it ruined the night and we immediately began to usher people out and began cleaning.

There were no complaints or comments from neighbors at any stage for our festivities and the actions of these drummers ruined it for everyone.

CuLT I think you owe Tog an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

(Disclaimer: I'm a member of TOG and was there on Saturday).

As I was entering someone in the other building on the same lot was playing drums. They left shortly after I arrived (since I was outside on the phone and heard the drums stop and then someone leave from the other buidling). It wasn't TOG and there are no drums in TOG.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Fair enough, apologies to TOG, I drew conclusions without having enough information!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

CuLT wrote: »
    Fair enough, apologies to TOG, I drew conclusions without having enough information!

No worries CuLT, what has happened here was the very concerns that we were having on this night - that people would think it was Tog disrupting the neighbourhood. We just hope that it doesn't happen again and that our next social ends on a "higher" note :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement