Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats my PC worth

Options
  • 29-06-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Im looking to sell my pc soon and upgrade for when BF3 hits the shelves but i dont know what price to slap on the computer.

Specs:

Case: Thermaltake Armour

CPU: Q6600 stock clocked

GPU: 8800 GTX 768mb

RAM: 4gb DDR3 Geil

MOBO: Asus Maximus

HDD: 500gb

any figures would be much obliged

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

"what's my computer worth" thread is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054853497

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

you wount have much trouble running bf3 with that pc.

bf3 requirments will be same as bc2. my pc is similar to yours, but slower and bc2 works fine on all stuff prety much max.

i presume its some dell system? cant you upgrade it?

i bet new gpu and psu will give you an edge on bf3.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I can run Bad company no bother. Maybe i will upgrade and just sell off some parts. I build the pc myself its not a dell haha. I dont think i need to upgrade the PSU. But maybe a new GPU and do some overclocking on the processor

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

steve_ wrote: »
    I can run Bad company no bother. Maybe i will upgrade and just sell off some parts. I build the pc myself its not a dell haha. I dont think i need to upgrade the PSU. But maybe a new GPU and do some overclocking on the processor

If you are planning to upgrade I'd sell the CPU, Mobo and GPU. I'd guess you could get €150 to €180 for them going off current adverts.ie prices.

An i5-2500k + a 6950 is the sweet spot for gaming at the moment imo.

Advertisement