Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Fraud or geniune error

Options
  • 29-06-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Im a little freaked out, but maybe there was just an error. Went to pay for groceries, using my laser, and the machine, kept saying no chip detected, it has a chip as Ive used chip and pin since I got it. Its also well in date another 2 years to go on it, and there was money in it.

Im worried now something may have happened to it, in another machine, fraud or something.

anyone experience the same thing. maybe Im over-reacting. any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you checked your transaction yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

that happens all the time with machines sayin chip not detected, usually if you just give the chip a little rub with your thumb and try it again it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Have you checked your transaction yet?

the girl swiped it and I signed for it, "she didnt even check the back" and it was fine. It just wouldnt work chip and pin, wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

This happened to me in Aldi a while back and again last week - only times I've used it there. It works fine everywhere else :confused:

Advertisement