Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy or HTC Sensation

Options
  • 29-06-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Would love to hear your views on the phones above. I currently have the iphone4 but due to call fail issues, I have to change either carrier or phone.

I can't decide between the above phones:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Not a great deal between them (Galaxy S2 I presume?) TBH, specs are very similar so it's down to personal preference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Thanks

Im not actully sure which is the latest model of each?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Knine wrote: »
    Thanks

Im not actully sure which is the latest model of each?

Samsung Galaxy S2 is the latest galaxy model.
    Htc Sensation is the latest htc model.

Both have very similar specs and run android 2.3.3 with their own ui. Sense on HTC and Touch wiz on samsung. Down to personal preference.

You should try them out in a shop because they are also made from different materials and will feel totally different to each other. Samsung being lighter.

If you are into flashing, the bootloader of the Sensation is currently locked so no roms can be flashed yet but htc have said they will unlock it. No such problem with the samsung.

The galaxy s2 does not support near field communication(NFC) which won't bother many over here yet. Not sure about sensation.

Anyway as with all technology there's always something new coming out. eg: iphone5, htc 3d, lg optimus3d, 1.5GHz processors etc

Thanks Ive decided to get the new Samsung so hopefully I will finally be able to make and receive calls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks Ive decided to get the new Samsung so hopefully I will finally be able to make and receive calls

What network are you on?

• Advertisement

I'm on Vodafone. I have the iphone4 and love it except it is useless as a phone unless I go out of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

Which of the 2 phones has the best battery life?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SharkWound

wallycool wrote: »
    Which of the 2 phones has the best battery life?

HTC of course :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 katopyrgos

:)
    My wife recently bought a Galaxy Mini. She down-loaded the Rte Radio 1
    app, no audio from the radio but she she gets the visuals and current radio
    programme. Anyone out there have any ideas.

Advertisement