Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M-atx Build

Options
  • 29-06-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i have a few spare parts knocking about and want to build a matx pc.

I have a q6600 and was wondering where would you pick up a socket 775 matx mobo these days, and does anyone know what would be a decent one to go for, or is it a case of get what you can find :o

Need a case, would prefer a cube case, anyone recommend a good one?

And lastly, a cheapo gfx with hdmi out to hook up to a tv for playing vids.

Thanks a lot guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Mobo:
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/8982050/art/msi/g41m-p25-775-socket-g41-c.html
    GPU:
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/7982021/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-4650-512-mb-gdd.html

As for Cube cases, I don't know enough about them to give a good option I'm afraid. Do you need one with a PSU?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have an Asus P5E-VM-HDMI motherboard for my main machine which is socket 775 but also has HDMI onboard (and decodes hi-def stuff without trouble) as well as a pretty solid sound setup - I run digital coax into my surround sound speakers (Logitech Z-5500) , but it supports optical and 7.1 speakers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Cheers for the suggestions deconduo!
    Shiminay wrote: »
    I have an Asus P5E-VM-HDMI motherboard for my main machine which is socket 775 but also has HDMI onboard (and decodes hi-def stuff without trouble) as well as a pretty solid sound setup - I run digital coax into my surround sound speakers (Logitech Z-5500) , but it supports optical and 7.1 speakers too.

where did you get the mobo, had a quick search and couldn't find it listed anywhere.

What case do you use btw?

Advertisement