Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 WLAN Networks drop at the same time

Options
  • 29-06-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy's,

Got a funny one. I have 2 WLAN networks running in the house, 1 for normal usage (from a UPC Cisco unit) and the other on a WRT54g for my media devices (Apple TV). I have DHCP running on a Server 2008 box and a Netgear NAS. Both WLAN's are on different channels, 6 & 13, have different SSID's and security. DHCP on the Cisco modem is turned off. The Cisco Modem is the switch the second AP, server and NAS is connected to.

Here is the issue, every so often, some times several times an hour, both WLAN's will drop. I have a Macbook and a Windows 7 laptop, each connected to a different WLAN side by side in the same room as the AP's both drop WLAN connection at the exact same time.

I checked the uptime on the Server net card and its not loosing connection to the fixed LAN. Something is kicking clients off the WLAN, or killing both WLAN's at the same time.

Any suggestions? I am experienced in this area, but this has me stumped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Periodic serious RF interference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Any video senders, baby monitors or wireless cameras nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

FSL wrote: »
    Periodic serious RF interference?

Good question, I have not the hardware to investigate that.
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Any video senders, baby monitors or wireless cameras nearby?

No, no other devices on 2.4 GHz, I am getting another AP that runs on 5GHz to test is its something on the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Is their a neighbour using WIFI in your channel range?

I guess a network close by on 7,8,9,10 could cause something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Is their a neighbour using WIFI in your channel range?

I guess a network close by on 7,8,9,10 could cause something like this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement