Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Chocolate Mousse....Help

Options
  • 29-06-2011 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Can anyone tell me if I can make a white chocolate mousse early in the day and store it in some way for dinner later on...I am doing a come dine with me with my friends, and have a lot on during the day so trieng to save time by doing stuff earlier!! theres a 140euro on this so any help would be hugely apreciated!! Thanks a thousand!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

In the fridge, or am I a missing something here, is the fridge full?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rosieg69

This is the recipe and method im using, will it survive in the firdge if made from early morning or the night before?? or will it become to firm?

• 300g/10½oz white chocolate
    • 2 egg whites
    • 2 tbsp castor sugar
    • 180g/6¼oz double cream

White Chocolate Mousse, melt the chocolate in a metal bowl over hot water. Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks, add the sugar and whisk again until smooth

. Semi-whip the double cream. Fold the melted chocolate into the double cream using a spatula. Fold in the whipped egg whites. Place in the refrigerator to firm up a little. Use the mousse to fill your boxes before it has set completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sure your recipe says to put it in the fridge :confused:

You'd have to put that in the fridge as cream has to be refrigerated, it'll be fine in the fridge for a couple of hours, they are grand in there for a few days if they have to. Yes it'll firm up but it can only get so firm, and it beats the alternative of it melting outside the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rosieg69

Thanks a mill! just wanted to be doubley sure!!

Advertisement