Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing a business course in college without having done business in the lc

• 29-06-2011 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Would this be a good idea or would I just end up not understanding the lectures and dropping out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

you'll be grand business is a fairly straight forward subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seanh12

Ok thanks! I'm just wondering would I be at a major disadvantage not having done it a leaving cert. I did it for junior cert alright and I vaguely remember the accounting part of it. Would I be expected to know stuff like this or would the course kind of start from scratch.. The course I have in mind is business and law in AIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Your 100% fine, people that did economics/ business/ accounting for the leaving will only have the smallest of upper hands on some parts of the subjects but nothing even remotely noticable come lectures etc.

I didnt do any business subjects for the LC and Im doing business now, the lecturers dumbed down everything at the start anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seanh12

That's class. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

It'll make no difference because they start from scratch in courses, you'll be grand!

Good luck:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement