Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out before lease is up

Options
  • 29-06-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi folks, I need some advice if anyone can help me. I moved into an aprtment with two other friends in june. Basically a large arguement has ensued and i want to move out. We have all signed a lease for a year and im wondering what are my specific responsibilities if I move out. Could i be pursued by the landlord to pay the remainder of the years rent etc? Really need some help here if anyone knows anything about this

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hi folks, I need some advice if anyone can help me. I moved into an aprtment with two other friends in june. Basically a large arguement has ensued and i want to move out. We have all signed a lease for a year and im wondering what are my specific responsibilities if I move out. Could i be pursued by the landlord to pay the remainder of the years rent etc? Really need some help here if anyone knows anything about this

more or less yes but depends on what the lease says and what agreement you maybe be able to make with the landlord

ie get some one else in to take your place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Best thing would be to look for someone to take over your lease, then you can leave no problem.

Advertisement