Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campaigns, Services and all things Ents!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Are Five and S Club 7 playing this friday in the courtyard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Skyrim wrote: »
    Are Five and S Club 7 playing this friday in the courtyard?
    Thursday...there's nothing on Friday as far as I can see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ULSU Ents

How do one and all!

Here is the latest from the Campaigns & Services Office for your viewing pleasure.

http://csoulsu.blogspot.com/

By all means contact me on any issue, I'd be glad to help

Look after yourselves

Is mise le meas,

Paddy :D

Paddy Rockett
    Campaigns and Services Officer
    Oifigeach Feachtais agus Seirbhísí

University of Limerick Students' Union
    061 213542 | 086 0435303
    sucso@ul.ie| www.ulsu.ie
    www.facebook.com/ulstudentsunion

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

can you look into ordering milkybars for the shop? I really like milkybars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Would you believe the Board of Directors discussed Nestle and the referendum confusion this week. Milky bars for all as soon as we can:D

• Advertisement

Hi all

The recent restructure of the Student Union council requires the election of various chairs/reps.
    • Equal Opportunities Rep
    • Ul Experience Rep
    • Recreation Rep
    • Council Chair
    Get your Nomination form from SU reception and have it in before 6pm on Friday the 7th of October.

Should two nominees seek the position and election will be held on the 13th of October

Should you seek more information (which I hope you will) You can download the pdf here

http://www.ulsu.ie/news/coulcilelec1201112

As for Next week you will see a culmination of campaigns based around awareness in the following areas
    • Student safety, inc: personal,accomodation and belongings
    • Knowing your Union - Those involved and what they do
    • Community inc rights & Responsibilities
    • Election Campaign as Advertised above.
    This will be a hectic week but by all means any questions you have send them onto sucso@ul.ie

Give it a go and get involved.

Hope you are all Keeping Well

Is mise le meas,

Paddy

Paddy Rockett

061 213542 | 086 0435303
    sucso@ul.ie| www.ulsu.ie

Hi all just an update on Whats on this Week

This week is 'Mind your Health week' a campaign based around your mental health and personal wellbeing.

I know i said Campaigns will be a continuum and the 'Week' idea is gone but for major campaigns we'll highlight them with a bang.

Check out the posters below:

307512_2243759772475_1202545119_32190928_55217434_n.jpg

This one is my personal favourite and has been getting some people talking on facebook - Delighted. We desperatly need people to start talking about an Issue that we can all relate to. We hope to battle the stigma as much as possible over the next year. Pleas talk....A simple request but it might be one of the most difficult to perform. Equal to that is Please listen... Keep a eye on your friends and look after those around you.

Some might say the image is not wat poor mental health is about have a look at our facebook at the other posters, My aim with these is to make the issue of depression, stress, anxiety or worry an appoachable topic.

This is a very Important campaign and I hope you guys jump in, get involved and look after yourself and each other...a personal life rule of my own.

Like all things, I wish ye all the best and know that at any stage over the year we at ULSU are here for you even if you think that we're in a rush somewhere or busy we are! I find no greater pleasure than missing a meeting in order to help a student out. Our motivation is about helping students. I can speak for myself when I say that Its the reason I ran for the job!

Have a great week and come up and grab some freebies in the courtyard this week!

Is mise le meas,

Paddy

Paddy Rockett

061 213542 | 086 0435303
    sucso@ul.ie| www.ulsu.ie

Hi one and all

Its been a busy one ove rthe past couple of weeks, Taking into account Mental health week and Halloween I am happy to announce the Movember Launch Party in the Scholars Bar at 8.30 Tomorrow night (Tuesday 1st November)

Here is the link to the event

http://www.facebook.com/paddy.rockett?cropsuccess#!/event.php?eid=291316924220028

Here is the Info on the night
    As the end of halloween approaches its time to look at one of the main campaigns of the first semester - Movember. You and all your friends are warmly invited to the Movember Launch Party in the Scholars bar @8.30

Join all the mo-bro's and mo-sistas in the first shave that will kick off your funds and awareness campaigns. Here you will see the different styles of mo to sport over the next... month.

Movember is generally about mens health issuse such as testicular and prostate cancer, we also look at realms of depression and other mens health issues.

But this event/campaign is'nt just for the mo-bro's of the world . Sista's support your men by getting involved with the campaign... maybe you want one of our henna tatoo mo's on your finger... or some other mad means of mentioning movember.

Looking forward to seeing you there. To get your sponsorship form go to www.movember.com and register your details.

See you Tuesday @ 8.30 sharp, There will be music, the first free shave, food, prizes and so much more.

Laterz Mo-Bro's & Sista's

:D

Hi again one and all !!!

Here is an update on whats been going on in the Campaigns & Services Office over the past couple of weeks and what is planned for the future.

Remember with regard to any of the content in here you can always have a pop in for a chat or email me on sucso@ul.ie

And as a refresher you can give me a shout with regards to any of the following:

Campaigns.
    • What campaigns are we running?
    • How do I get involved?
    • How do I run my own charity/awareness campaign? etc.
    Services
    • What services do we provide?
    • What new services could the Union do with?
    • What you would like to see in the Shops on campus.
    Entertainments
    • What gigs are happening this year?
    • Ticket price
    • Up and coming bands
    • Class Parties
    • Balls
    • Charity week
    • And so much more
    Is mise le meas,

Paddy

Paddy Rockett

061 213542 | 086 0435303
    sucso@ul.ie| www.ulsu.ie

Hi all,

Below is the Blog for all things relating to Fees, Protests, I grades and for the first time, a Campaigns & Services Status report.

Essentially its a review of my Manifesto to see where I am and an honest appraisal of the Job to date.

Constructive feedback is of course highly encouraged and respected.

Some things are controversial - I imagine I might get some good feedback and of course I look forward to it.

Regards as always

Look after yourselves
    Is mise le meas,

Paddy:D

Paddy Rockett

061 213542 | 086 0435303
    sucso@ul.ie| www.ulsu.ie

• Advertisement