Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Equality Studies UCD what's it like?

Options
  • 29-06-2011 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I just wondered if anyone is doing or has done the Masters in Equality Studies in UCD and could tell me what its like and whether they'd recommend it.
    Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just finishing it. Absolutely love it. It's been a great year and I would recommend the course to everyone. Kathleen Lynch is amazing and a fountain of knowledge. The other lecturers are really nice too and very helpful. There is a lot of reading for it though. It's intense and at times can be tough but it is really eye opening. You can choose to do a thesis or 3 optional modules which I chose.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ruby T

Hi Tabs7,

Spoke to two students who completed the Masters in Equality Studies and they were as enthusiastic about it as Mango Salsa. Have decided to start it this September. Good luck with reaching a decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

I was thinking about it, but then saw the masters in sexuality studies in DCU, which covers some of the same material and more, such as international human rights, suffering (such as rape in general and rape as a weapon of war) and the postion of women in literature. So delighted to say Ive been accepted on to this course, I will let you know how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ruby T

Can be so hard to reach a decision about the right course - great you found one that suits you. Wishing you lots of luck with your studies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 citeog90

Hey guys! Also thinking about this course. I am almost finished a degree in Italian and French in Trinity. Any idea whether I would still be possibly accepted or not? Also, anyone who has a job since completing the course, I'd love to know what it is! Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

citeog90 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Also thinking about this course. I am almost finished a degree in Italian and French in Trinity. Any idea whether I would still be possibly accepted or not? Also, anyone who has a job since completing the course, I'd love to know what it is! Cheers :)

I think the deadline for applications is march but Elizabeth Hassel will know - she's very helpful.

Jobswise - well it's mixed - I'm doing an internship in policy and campaigns with an ngo; a few others are doing the same

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement