Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Uncharted forum? You Decide.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Daemos wrote: »
    That post confuses me. You started a thread about whether to have an Uncharted forum or not, and you got people either agreeing or disagreeing. What exactly were you expecting? :confused:

I wasnt expecting a lot of hostility, I was expecting the yes an the no replys, but this thread has just looked like it needs to be sorted out in a cage fight with UFC rules,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I've seen more hostility in a Teletubbies episode to be honest, with respect I think you're over-reacting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Daemos wrote: »
    I've seen more hostility in a Teletubbies episode to be honest, with respect I think you're over-reacting :)

well to be honest, a bon jovi concert, a good few drinks, an a blurry eyed view, I can imagine ur right pal. I will possibly wake up tomorro an think, oh jaysus, look at this an think oh feck I was being an idiot, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I think a multiplayer forum for organizing clans,game nights etc would be better to be honest as it could cover all the multiplayer games and then there'd be no need for forums dedicated to one series of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Balfie wrote: »
    well to be honest, a bon jovi concert, a good few drinks, an a blurry eyed view, I can imagine ur right pal. I will possibly wake up tomorro an think, oh jaysus, I was at a Bon Jovi concert an think oh feck I was being an idiot, :D

FYP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Definitly does not warrant its own forum, as said above a franchise game doesnt require a forum for itself, especially this one.

There are MUCH larger games and franchises, that have constant active debates and conversation that have to do with the general game sforum, and uncharted should be no different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Definately a no from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Balfie wrote: »
    where I can honestly agree with some of what you guys are saying, I just put forward the idea of asking for a new forum for the game, I didn't want to start a lot of hostility of this is good or this is bad, really lads, its up to all of us, I was putting it forward cause I, an alot of others think it is a great idea to have a forum, considering, under shooter we have from what I have looked at, 2 out of 9 forums that are really worth keeping, cause they get posts, an the only one that gets posts everyday out of all them is call of duty. battlefield falls well behind.

to consider where we are now, is you guys want to keep the games where it is, from the last count I had was 30 something for an I think 7 or 8 against.

If we do or dont get one, all I want to say here is, we can stop the crap, we are gamers, want it, dont want it, no need to be gettin into moods over who wants it an who doesnt, it was just a lil request, if ya look on the forum requests page, on the first page, there is 2 approved an the rest rejected, its just an idea lads, we will be lucky if we get it.

sorry for the long speech but I had to get it out..

where on earth are you seeing hostility?

people answered the question you asked

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sometimes, when theres a particularly interesting game - I may find it interesting to post a particular plot point for discussion (Fallout thread being an example) and I don't want my point being drowned out by 50 subsequent posts in the next day or so because other people are talking about Y when I tried to talk about X (someone who would have discussed X may miss it).

It can be a pain to read all 100 pages in a thread.

Even after saying all that, I don't see how the relatively linear Uncharted could possible need a forum of its own.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The only hostility I'm seeing came from someone that was for the idea.
    Magill wrote: »
    You really haven't a clue about multiplayer and such so i'd leave it up to those that actually do or at least keep an open mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

koneko wrote: »

Yeah that sort of came out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

koneko wrote: »

So you didnt read the first line of the post... nice. And i was stating facts(The poster i was refering to has stated multiple times that MP is not his "thing"), nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I did, but you're still coming across as hostile :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I mod the TES forum and once thought this sort of forum would work. They don't, so I'm a No too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It took us ages to get minecraft forum, and that game does need multiple threads and it has huge community. It will allways have it too, as it's more then a game.

A forum for ps3 exclusive which is good, but will be forgotten whn next cod comes out is about silly... I newer seen much activity on uncharted games here.

Good game thought.

Advertisement