Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

French Camping Electrical Hook up!

• 29-06-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    I was wondering if anybody here in Boards world knows what electrical hook up will work in France.
    I am going camping there in August and want to bring an electrical hook up.
    I was looking at this one....

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CAMPING-ELECTRIC-...#ht_500wt_1156

but want to make sure that it will fit with french campsites.
    Can anybody help.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

In my expereience its mostly the same as home.

Some pitches require an extra long lead. You would be wise to check the distance of the hook up point before you accept a pitch and before you park up.

Ocassionally, you will come across a French 2 pin type, but when I have the campsite had an adaptor for a nominal rent. You can buy those before you leave here if you want.

I have read a lot about reverse polarity but have never had a problem and can say I never came across this problem.

So in my experience that Blue 3 pin will do the job.

Have a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

one of theses may come in handy http://cgi.ebay.ie/3-Way-Splitter-Camping-Caravan-Hook-lead-Outlet-16A-/270761661254?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3f0aa71346
    used to split the electric point when their are not enough to go a round

Advertisement