Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Jeweller - Valuations for Insurance Purposes?

• 29-06-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a jeweller in Clare who does valuations for insurance purposes (not every jeweller offers this service). I've had my engagement ring insured with the same insurance company for years but this year they are requesting an up to date valuation before they will renew the cover.

Many thanks,

Mrs D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mauer's used to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I must check with Maurers again, the last time I asked they didn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oops, spelt that wrong.

I was just thinking, they have gone through a change of owners haven't they? Would Collin's not do valuations?

Clareman wrote: »
    Oops, spelt that wrong.

I was just thinking, they have gone through a change of owners haven't they? Would Collin's not do valuations?
    The last time I needed a valuation I had to go to Limerick as I couldn't find a Clare Jeweller who would do it. Some are reluctant to value engagement rings in particular, incase you have just bought it and they value it at a price lower than you paid for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Gleesons Jewellers in Shannon town centre do it, i had jewelley valued there a few weeks ago. They give a cert for the insurance co.

She told me 2 values, what it should be insured at, and also what it would make at auction etc!!!

I think they charge 5% of what the value of the pieces were

I had checked all the jewellers in ennis previous to this and no one does it in town!

• Advertisement

maiden wrote: »
    Gleesons Jewellers in Shannon town centre do it, i had jewelley valued there a few weeks ago. They give a cert for the insurance co.

She told me 2 values, what it should be insured at, and also what it would make at auction etc!!!

I think they charge 5% of what the value of the pieces were

I had checked all the jewellers in ennis previous to this and no one does it in town!
    Thanks very much for that Maiden. I will give them a call tomorrow, the 5% charge seems very high though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Brian Gleeson (Goldsmith) in Ballycasey, Shannon does valuations.
    He will also provide you with a cert. of valuation.
    I understand his valuation fee is a fixed fee. Give him a call to find out for sure.
    I find him a pleasure to deal with. A gentleman indeed.

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Brian Gleeson (Goldsmith) in Ballycasey, Shannon does valuations.
    He will also provide you with a cert. of valuation.
    I understand his valuation fee is a fixed fee. Give him a call to find out for sure.
    I find him a pleasure to deal with. A gentleman indeed.

Thanks Ladybolt, I completely forgot about Brian and I really shouldn't have as he actually designed our wedding rings and he did a wonderful job.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a jeweller in Clare who does valuations for insurance purposes (not every jeweller offers this service). I've had my engagement ring insured with the same insurance company for years but this year they are requesting an up to date valuation before they will renew the cover.

Many thanks,

Mrs D
    Keane's in Limerick is the nearest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

+1 Gleesons Jewellers in Shannon

• Advertisement
Advertisement