Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden clearout

Options
  • 29-06-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭

I am doing a major garden clear out and have getting quotes for standard
    size skips, the prices vary very much, cheapest so far is Oxigen -160euros. As i have never got a skip before , is this cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not sure if it's the cheapest but €160.00 is a good deal, I paid €270.00 a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Wow thats alot! Most of the companies are quoting 160-190. But it depends on the area that you live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It does depend on the size of the skip. The very big (deep) ones are probably the best value, but -depending on what you are disposing of - are difficult to manage as you cannot reach into them to arrange stuff economically. The next size smaller is good if you have a lot of stuff, then there is a small square one.

If you get one over a bank holiday weekend you will have it for several days which will give you time to fill it, though recently firms have been less fussy about how long you have it, it used be strictly 48 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

6 cubic yard (standard builders size skip) is 160-170 euro on average.

A few years ago,you would pay around 250 euro for that size of skip.

Booking a skip online can be cheaper with some companies.

You can get a 20 cubic yard (ro-ro) skip for around 350-400 euro these days.

Somebody told me today , not to bother with a skip, just employ waste disposal company as they do labour as well,anything for an easy life! Anyone ever employ these?

• Advertisement

Somebody told me today , not to bother with a skip, just employ waste disposal company as they do labour as well,anything for an easy life! Anyone ever employ these?

No personal experience of them but be very very sure that they are legit and have a waste disposal licence as there are a load of lads (and lassies) out there who will remove your rubbish and then go fly tip it up the Dublin Mountains or somewhere ! I think a skip is your best bet tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

alie wrote: »

They have to be registered and have a full and legit waste disposal liecence.They must show you this licence when you ask to see it.

If they wont show you the licence,then tell them to go away and shut the door on them.

Alot of them are just fly tippers who find a laneway or field and dump illegally at night time.:mad::mad:

Best bet is to order a skip from a skip hire company and get some of your family to help out for a few hours.:)

Ok , i was wondering about that, i have seen an ad for a registered company so might get a free quote, no family to ask , already owe my son a score for piling all the stuff up , tis a costly business this !!

Greenstar were advertising that sized skip you wanted for 175 euro yesterday and you can keep it for 5 days.

Advertisement