Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is best???

• 29-06-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi
    When tuning in a sat receiver which is best, strength or quality of signal.

I have 70%strength and varies between 70 and 80% quality.

By changing LNB skew I can vary them but wondering which is best.

Thanks

TC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭rob the satman

Quality is the one.
    But as you say you have Quality of between 70 and 80% that is well enough.
    I would be worried with 30 to 35% quality
    Don't be trying to get 100% strength and quality cos you wont get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭horse7

make sure your picking up the right satilite.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭t c

Thanks for that Rob.
    Am using the Astra2 satellite Horse.

One more question. Have just got a new receiver that records and during set-up I have to enter a post code. What do I do, or do I just enter, say, a London post code?

Thanks again.

TC

t c wrote: »
    Thanks for that Rob.
    Am using the Astra2 satellite Horse.

One more question. Have just got a new receiver that records and during set-up I have to enter a post code. What do I do, or do I just enter, say, a London post code?

Thanks again.

TC

So it's probably a 'Freesat' receiver you have, yes you can input London postcode, in fact you can put any postcode you want in, but better if you can enter a 'North' postcode that way you will get the BBC NI's and UTV at the beginning of your list, try BT66 8BB

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭t c

Cheers Rob.
    Yes, it is a Freesat, Humax Foxsat, which I hope is as good as it's reviews claim.

TC

• Advertisement

It's one of the better 'freesat' ones but like most satellite receivers it has some bugs, best advice I can give you is "don't do anything too quickly" i.e. when channel hopping or going through the menus/epg e.t.c. take your time, don't rush it

Advertisement