Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there be traffic wardens around town during tall ships

• 29-06-2011 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if there is going to be traffic wardens around town during the tall ships. I have my pass for where I live on Manor street for the tall ships, but the tax is recently up on my car and My bank card got lost and waiting for a replacement to pay my tax online. Just wondering would it be likely I might get stopped for it this weekend.

and before anyone asks ill be back taxing it;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jaysis I dunno. I'd say they might be. Giving the amount of cars that will probably be here they might be delighted getting an easy catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

My guess is they'll be wandering around trying to see if they can catch anyone who gets past the cordon without a permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Went to the tall ships office the other day and the woman there told me specifically that if i cant find parking in the two roads that are shown on my parking permit, i could park wherever i want. She also said that if i get a ticket i can bring it in the office on Monday and get it invalidated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

lol with a bit of moaning the folks let me use there card until my card comes:D
    Id say I would of being easy pickings :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

My guess is they'll be wandering around trying to see if they can catch anyone who gets past the cordon without a permit.

Does that mean any cars parked inside the cordon will be fined I doubt it.
    Although I see towing signs on certain streets.

They reduced the parking down to €1.00 an hour this week aswell but most of those areas will be cordoned off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Ellie1984 wrote: »
    Went to the tall ships office the other day and the woman there told me specifically that if i cant find parking in the two roads that are shown on my parking permit, i could park wherever i want. She also said that if i get a ticket i can bring it in the office on Monday and get it invalidated.

Did you get that in writing??

Did you get that in writing??

I didnt...thinking back I probably should have :/
    She seemed genuine and knowledgeable though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the tow away signs mean nothing because they dont have notice on them unless theres double yella lines on the road one would be free to park as usual,
    if you are illegally towed you may issue the tow'ers with a fee schedule say 1000€ per day or part there of through your own notice of intent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Hoffmans wrote: »
    the tow away signs mean nothing because they dont have notice on them unless theres double yella lines on the road one would be free to park as usual,
    if you are illegally towed you may issue the tow'ers with a fee schedule say 1000€ per day or part there of through your own notice of intent.

Ah sure between that and yer "constitutional right to travel the land un-hindered" we're all set so! I might just park in the middle of the bridge and wander into one of the ladies changing rooms in debenhams.....

Yup I'm sure the people who tow your car will be quaking in there boots once you issue your fine:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

@#10
    UNFORTUNATLY the most important common law is one of common sense ,

your quiet entitled to chose that course of action if so wishing but they would not be very sensible for the common good ....

@#11
    thats their business ,do what they like but theres no wriggling out of an activated fee schedule by their own law "maratime" i believe

Well I'm happy anyway got my tax, residents permit and tall ships pass up to date, so I am sorted for the weekend:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

if your car is parked in an area with towing signs it most def will be towed as these area,s are routes for emergency services during the tall ships, and no doubt your car will also be destroyed or dumped in the river lol

if your car is parked in an area with towing signs it most def will be towed as these area,s are routes for emergency services during the tall ships, and no doubt your car will also be destroyed or dumped in the river lol

Oh, yea, the exact words of the civil servant in the office were "you can park anywhere in town, EXCEPT for the zones highlighted in green on the map". I just assumed that because no one can get in those zones, no one could park there. As for the rest of the roads, you can park anywhere, provided that you leave enough space for other cars/emergency vehicles to pass, but that is just common sense.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Given the massive amount of no parking signs and tow zone signs I would say they'll be a big clamp down on any illegal parking, if the wardens or gardai pick up other stuff such as no tax, insurance or NCT then its a bonus for them tbh
    Ellie1984 wrote: »
    Oh, yea, the exact words of the civil servant in the office were "you can park anywhere in town, EXCEPT for the zones highlighted in green on the map". I just assumed that because no one can get in those zones, no one could park there. As for the rest of the roads, you can park anywhere, provided that you leave enough space for other cars/emergency vehicles to pass, but that is just common sense.

Sadly common sense when it comes to parking or driving in general is something alot of motorists lack in a big way

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Again it would be nice if you didn't continue to post such foolish "advice" (and I use that word extremely loosely), if you want to be a laughing stock for doing something stupid then go right ahead but don't fool somebody else into joining you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

There will be, saw them, toting silenced Glock's and m4's and wearing Kevlar armour being put through there paces in the park last night, ,,,,, honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Right, I haven't made my mind up if you mean well or your just trying to get a reaction out of people but it's irrelevant at this stage. Boards has a policy not to give Legal or Medical advice on the forums so please don't "advise" people anymore about these things. I think your wrong but if you want to try and fine them for towing your car then I wish you well but don't say it here again. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I seen 2 of the wardens wandering around Parnell St this morning.

I saw a bmw get towed away by the mansion house:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Looks like its going to be a profitable weekend in waterford if your a Taxi driver, toll booth operator, hotel manager, pub owner, tow truck driver,guy selling those cheesy sailor hats :D

Advertisement