Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€800 budget- gaming/dev machine

Options
  • 29-06-2011 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

I know this thread has been done to death, but I am considering building a PC to last me for the next several years. In terms of requirements, I will be using it for gaming, but nothing particularly cutting-edge- PS1 emulators, Railworks, maybe Eve or SCII. Other than that, I have no specific needs other than web browsing and development(which doesn't really require any special hardware setup.)

Some fixed thing I have decided on already:
    • CPU : Intel Core i5-2500k, since everyone else seems to be getting them(if anyone can explain the popularity, that'd be appreciated :) )
    • 4GB DDR3 RAM minimum
    • 1TB internal HDD + a small(<100GB) SSD for the OS
    • Nvidia would be preffered
    • Monitor- I don't have one at the moment, and ideally I'd like 24" or above that I can connect consoles(PS3, PS2, Gamecube) to as well and have them look good. No need for any 3D or speakers.

I have Windows 7, a keyboard and mouse and headphones already.

In terms of building the thing, it would be my first build, though I have a CS degree and am hardly a techophobe, so hopefully I should be alright.

Budget is around €800, but that is kind of the maximum I would be willing to part with at this stage of my life.

Anyone have any recommendations for me given this criteria? Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement