Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting RTE .ts to video file (mp4/avi) - how? ggrrr :/

Options
  • 29-06-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Does anyone know a decent method/sequence for converting 544 x 576 (MP4/RTE).ts broadcasts to 720 x 549 video file (e.g. MP4/AVI/MKV)

I can get the aspect ratio okay (544 x 549 -> 720 x 549 (although the ts says the ratio is 1.84:1 - which would be 1060 x 549 - doesn't make sense to me).

However the frame rate is all screwy - though converters say there converting to 25fps - Windows tells me they are 12fps (though playback seems to play the video twice as fast nearly 50fps) - it's very odd and frustrating. :(

The closest I've come to a solution is remuxing(?)/reencoding as MPEG2 and then editing the header in DVDPatcher.. then having to reconvert again to get the bitrate down from 7000kbps to something reasonable (e.g. 1800kbps)
    it's not very satisfactory - especially when RTE are broadcasting in H.264 to begin with.

Thanks
    RoZZaH

sample info from VideoReDo

File: Name : F:\Records\OUTput\tg4_testclip_original.mpg
    Size : 0.246 GB
    Duration : 00:12:22.09
    Mux type : TS Stream
    TS mux rate : 4.846 Mbps
    Video: Encoding : H.264
    VideoStreamID : x450
    Frame rate : 25.00 fps
    Encoding size : 544 x 576
    Aspect ratio : 1.84:1
    Header bit rate : 10.000 Mbps
    VBV buffer : 152 KBytes
    Profile : Main/3.0
    Progressive : Interlaced
    Chroma : 4:2:0
    Entropy mode : CABAC
    Bit rate : 2.364 Mbps
    Audio Stream: 1 (Primary) Codec : MPEG
    MPEGLayer : Layer 2
    Channels : 2.0
    Language : eng
    PID : x4B4
    PES Stream Id : xC0
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Sampling rate : 48000
    Sample size : 16 bits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

TS is a standard format for transmission and storage of audio, video, and data,[7] and is used in broadcast systems such as DVB and ATSC. It extend to M2TS, TOD.
    Well, for play TS(avchd, m2ts) files on mac, this tips should do some help for you:
    http://www.ifunia.com/avchd-column/howto-play-avchd-video-on-mac-os.html

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RoZZaH

@Bellu Thanks for your reply. Playback of the TS (and correcting the aspect ratio in a player) in VLC or similar is not really what I'm after.

I need to convert the video to have the correct aspect ratio to AVI - so it will play on 'dumb' devices such as tv and mp3player that won't allow you this kind of control.

I did find TMPGEnc somewhat useful but I don't believe I should have to re-encode the whole file (esp if the codec is already mp4/aac) just to correct and aspect ratio...

I'm intimiated by the thought of learning VirtualDubMod command line stuff...

Advertisement