Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Co-op

Options
  • 29-06-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

If i have applied for international co-op can i still get co-op in ireland ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I know in my day you were put on either the irish list or the international list, not both. A friend had some trouble as there was no international jobs available that year and her cv wasn't being circulated to irish companies until she went complaining

that said, could be changed now

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

Hi OP,

Current co-op here. It's either one or the other. I ended up taking myself off the International List to get a job in Ireland.

I would say say move back to Ireland list and try source internaional co-op yourself. Foreign companies usually have internship programs that you can apply online to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

no you can't unless the unlikely opportunity that they have more jobs in ireland then people applying. You could look for your own coop in Ireland.

I choose to stay in ireland but ended up getting offered an international place so it's possible but I would pick somewhere you actually want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 evil_monkey

Thanks I got it sorted anyways by ringing the co-op office

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Don't be so rash to get yourself off the international co-op list by the way, hopefully you got yourself on both lists.

International co-op takes longer to sort out and from my experience (im on co-op in munich right now...) I seen a lot of friends get placed in Ireland before I got my placement when a lot of international co-op students were easily waiting until december for a job that was supposed to begin in January, but in the end everyone I know who applied for international co-op got a placement.

In my opinion its a lot more appealing for a potential employer to see that you have had experience working in a foreign country (assuming it's the right industry etc)

• Advertisement
Advertisement