Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc broadband

• 29-06-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭

upc have put up new cables (thick co ax)in my area,(blanchardstown).i did an on line chat with upc and they say there is no broadband available at my address.the upc tv is working on their old cable ,and the new cable was put up 3 months ago.has anyone in blanchards town/castleknock b/band phone from upc.(i dont really believe the agent on line).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Horse on the same subject UPC have been working in my estate for the last week or so. 4 or 5 vans there one night. No point ringing there customer service as they just don't know and will probably fob you off. Maybe you should order the analog service and see what an engineer says when he gets out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just because they lay new cables and have vans in the area means absolutely nothing. More than 10 years ago NTL (as they were then) laid new underground cables in my area but I still cannot get HD or phone and I live on the southside of Dublin, not Achill Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Good point but they wouldn't do it for no reason. As far as I know they have only been rolling out the fibre optic cable in the past few years and was HD tv available 10 years ago? no.

Advertisement