Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here if you need assistance filling out the grant form!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sheenahb

Hi all, I was just wondering which course acceptance form to fill out. In the checklist I received by email after submitting my application, it says to fill out the A13 course acceptance form for postgrads, but the only one I can find to download online is the FA1 form. Anyone else have the same problem? Might just be a mistake and FA1 is the new name or something... Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

jubella wrote: »
    Help! I can't find my p45 or p60 anywhere. I need them for my grant form. Is it possible to get replacements for these?? Can't believe I lost them :/

I'm in the same situation here... I worked throughout 2009 and 1 week of 2010, giving all my payslips and any forms I got from work to my mother for safekeeping. Unfortunately, due to health issues, my mother is no longer able to remember where she kept these and it's quite possible they were thrown out at some stage. I worked in my school during 2010 for 1 week earning 120 euro.

I applied to have a p21 sent to me but I'm not sure about the p60 or 45- Like I said, I worked in a school, and it's going to be hard getting in touch with my superiors there before the 31st. can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

njd2010 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation here... I worked throughout 2009 and 1 week of 2010, giving all my payslips and any forms I got from work to my mother for safekeeping. Unfortunately, due to health issues, my mother is no longer able to remember where she kept these and it's quite possible they were thrown out at some stage. I worked in my school during 2010 for 1 week earning 120 euro.

I applied to have a p21 sent to me but I'm not sure about the p60 or 45- Like I said, I worked in a school, and it's going to be hard getting in touch with my superiors there before the 31st. can anyone help?

Hi, I would ring up your local grant office if I were you. They were really helpful as I still can't find my p60 (found p45 thankfully). They told me not to worry about the p60 because seeing as I didn't work any more they wouldn't be counting my income anyway. So give them a ring and they might be able to sort something out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

jubella wrote: »
    Hi, I would ring up your local grant office if I were you. They were really helpful as I still can't find my p60 (found p45 thankfully). They told me not to worry about the p60 because seeing as I didn't work any more they wouldn't be counting my income anyway. So give them a ring and they might be able to sort something out for you.

ok, I'll do that, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

OR, you can go to the revenue office, and they will be able to print off a P35 for you ( this is basically the exact same as your P60, but it is your employers copy)

It is completely acceptable by the grants office, as i rang to make sure.

just bring your social security number with you. the lady in the galway office did it for me on the spot!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

do you need to send in all original forms such as birth cert, leaving cert results

And I am a student in third year of my course only this year was family income below the required amount do i just fill out the form as if I was doing it from first year ? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

do you need to send in all original forms such as birth cert, leaving cert results

And I am a student in third year of my course only this year was family income below the required amount do i just fill out the form as if I was doing it from first year ? Thanks

yes. or you can make verified copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

and finally question where do you send the forms of too or do you have to hand them in. One of us is attending a university and the other is attending an institute of technology

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

and finally question where do you send the forms of too or do you have to hand them in. One of us is attending a university and the other is attending an institute of technology

Your local county council

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 chris___boii

So since my grant isnt going to come out in time and the grant is pretty much all the money i have does anyone have any ideas to how i would pay the fees (I will be going to dit).

• Advertisement

if you get confirmation that your getting the grant you dont need to pay it. just a letter from the vec saying your getting it is enough for the college.

So since my grant isnt going to come out in time and the grant is pretty much all the money i have does anyone have any ideas to how i would pay the fees (I will be going to dit).

You just tell the DIT student services you are waiting on the grant to pay the fees and then they pay them

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

So if i called the vec they would be able to confirm if im getting the grant or not ? I only just applied a few days ago

You just tell the DIT student services you are waiting on the grant to pay the fees and then they pay them

So i just tell them that the grant will pay them but wont i need some proof, I stressing out hear :(

well since you only applied a few days ago, it will take a while longer for them to process your application.

Usually the college will wait a while until you get confirmation, and when you do, you just provide the letter.

if they're not willing to wait, then you can talk to the vec and see if they will process it quicker.

if you get refused for the grant, then you will have to pay the fees yourself.

So i just tell them that the grant will pay them but wont i need some proof, I stressing out hear :(

Don't be stressed. You just tell DIT that you have applied for a grant and you are waiting on the Grant authority to pay DIT.

Terry Pratchet

k thanks alot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

I applied for my maintenance grant 2 weeks ago but there was issues with paperwork and i'm still waiting for confirmation, I'm pretty sure I will get the grant but this morning got a letter asking for course fees. I thought this was covered by my grant, but I won't have it by registration date, UL is asking for online enrollment, INCLUDING payment of fees and the letter said not to come down to the college for orientation week without having the online enrollment finished. What do i do?

I applied for my maintenance grant 2 weeks ago but there was issues with paperwork and i'm still waiting for confirmation, I'm pretty sure I will get the grant but this morning got a letter asking for course fees. I thought this was covered by my grant, but I won't have it by registration date, UL is asking for online enrollment, INCLUDING payment of fees and the letter said not to come down to the college for orientation week without having the online enrollment finished. What do i do?

Ring UL - explain you have applied for the grant and that you anticipate the grant will be paying the fees

Terry Pratchet

And will they just except that and allow me to enroll online? I literally can't afford to pay the fees and had to get a loan for the accommodation. Neither of my parents could get me the fees without a lot of hassle. This has me so stressed out.

• Advertisement

And will they just except that and allow me to enroll online? I literally can't afford to pay the fees and had to get a loan for the accommodation. Neither of my parents could get me the fees without a lot of hassle. This has me so stressed out.

They should do - Be assertive and calm and explain the situation. If they don't give in then contact the UL Students Union welfare officer

Terry Pratchet

Thanks for the help. I'll call them first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Was just wondering how I go about re-applying because of exceptional circumstances? (I missed a year due to being sick). I received the grant before but I'm not sure whether I should fill out the form again. Can't find anything about it on the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

I applied for my grant almost two weeks ago and yesterday in the mail I received an envelope from the Clare County Council, it contained all of the extra documents I had sent with my grant and a small slip with the ''returning with thanks'' box ticked. The note section was left clear so can I assume that my grant application was successful or might they contact me again about it?

I was also wondering if someone from a county with a smaller population like Clare would get their application processed a little faster than people from counties such as Cork and Dublin? I don't know if I could wait two months without eating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

I just got a letter today from monaghan Vec saying that my dad need to submit a p21. only thing is it doesnt seem like ill get the p21 in time for the deadline. i also was never told i needed a p21 when i went into the vec to drop off my documents

any advice? i really need this grant

Was just wondering how I go about re-applying because of exceptional circumstances? (I missed a year due to being sick). I received the grant before but I'm not sure whether I should fill out the form again. Can't find anything about it on the application form.

Im not sure - I think because you have received a grant before that you may be disqualified. Maybe ring your county council or vec

Terry Pratchet

MeganM wrote: »
    I applied for my grant almost two weeks ago and yesterday in the mail I received an envelope from the Clare County Council, it contained all of the extra documents I had sent with my grant and a small slip with the ''returning with thanks'' box ticked. The note section was left clear so can I assume that my grant application was successful or might they contact me again about it?

I was also wondering if someone from a county with a smaller population like Clare would get their application processed a little faster than people from counties such as Cork and Dublin? I don't know if I could wait two months without eating :D

They will contact you again with a letter confirming if you have received it or not

Terry Pratchet

I just got a letter today from monaghan Vec saying that my dad need to submit a p21. only thing is it doesnt seem like ill get the p21 in time for the deadline. i also was never told i needed a p21 when i went into the vec to drop off my documents

any advice? i really need this grant

Don't worry too much about the deadline - it should be ok - Grant deadlines usually get extended

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

Don't worry too much about the deadline - it should be ok - Grant deadlines usually get extended

Aw great thats lifted a load of my mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Post here if you need assistance filling out thread titles! :-)

Advertisement