Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to london, graphic designer

Options
  • 29-06-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hey all! As per title I am planing to move to london in september. At the moment it could be 3 of us, 2 of us or worst case scenario just myself. We are all aged between 21 and 23, two graphic designers and one commerce student. The move at the moment is short term (3 mts) but if all goes well could be till next summer.

I am one of the graphic designers with an hons degree, relevant experience, a decent portfolio, and intend to branch out further into app icon design and improve my web design before the end of summer. Bottom line I deem myself as employable. I feel I will get a job in london, thats the basis of the move amoung other things.

I am overwhelmed by the size of london, I dont know where is best to live, where is cheapest, or where there is any little pocket of irish folk I could live near. I went to america last year and it was far easier to find out info (it was a j1 visa so the j1 forum, usit and other students made up the bulk of my info)

Has anybody moved to london, or is thinking of moving? Any tips would be appreciated, or warnings. If there are others on here moving to london perhaps we could set up a thread and share information.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There is actually a London forum here; there are a good few threads there from people looking to move over, as well as a bunch of us who're living in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭laura1990

Fysh wrote: »
    There is actually a London forum here; there are a good few threads there from people looking to move over, as well as a bunch of us who're living in London.

Thank you :D

Advertisement