Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st scan worries

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nicole22

On my first baby over 3 years ago I had my first scan at 12 weeks (St. Lukes, Kilkenny). Now on my second pregnancy I'm getting my first scan tomorrow at 22 weeks. When I found out at 14 weeks that I wouldnt be getting a scan til 22 weeks I booked in for a private one in the womens health centre. It cost €150 and was well worth it. The lady that did it said they are getting a lot of women coming in for first scans now. I had an appointment with my GP at 18 weeks and when she heard I wouldnt be seen in the hospital until 22 weeks she was disgusted! She had assumed I'd been seen by then. She said I has right to go get the private scan. I think the change in first scan times is all down to budget cuts and its totally unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Ayla wrote: »
    That's why I said this:

Yes, the prep time (and time to come to grips with everything) can be beneficial, but that's no need to panic if you don't have your scan until 23-24 weeks.

Exactly.....so I would classify it as important.

Advertisement