Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan 2011

Options
  • 29-06-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Who's going to Knockanstockan this year? Last year was brilliant and I can't wait for it again this year. Brilliant line up and even if you don't know any of the bands (like I didn't last year) get yourself up there. It's one of the best for live bands and I was blown away by the quality of the musicians and other acts. Brilliant atmosphere and the organisation of everything was superb. Highlight of the festival season for me last year. Cannot recommend it enough. At €75 for three days of top notch entertainment you'd have to be mad not to go. See you there!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Heading to this for the first time. Me and a few mates got the 5 tickets for the price of 4, so worked out at €65 each.

Went to Vantastival back in May so I'm hoping it'll be the same kind of buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Just found out that I won't be able to go to this. I'm absolutely gutted :(:(:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

another good reason (as if there weren't enough already) to skip along to Knockanstockan is the chill area and some of the music and performances taking place there. The music will be more downtempo/ambient electronic for folks who feel like chilling:
    https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176452202418761

Does anybody know if the shuttle bus from Blessington to the festival site is free?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

No, its like €2 each way, and stops at the carpark each way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

me! me !

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Really cant wait for this. HAdnt heard of many of the bands prior to booking tickets but a little research i have discovered loads of amazing bands and musicians and im back loving music again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'm going thanks to Radio Nova. Score!

Cant wait, even though I know none of the bands.

I really have to stress. To those who dont even know what Knockanstockan is.

Its a festival with 5 stages, Family camping area, really cool people, little or no tracksuit types and well run with good security and staff. It is not run for profit. Volunteers.

Unsigned bands. Unreal talent out there !! Its where the real music is.
    You really dont know what sort of band is going to pop up next.
    Sofas and bean bags . Nice food. Nice Vibes.

It will sell out on the week. I think there is only 3000 tickets.( correct me if im wrong) So no massive crowds.

http://www.knockanstockan.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 magrat

Really looking forward to this one. More so now after reading this !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

I got involved with Knockanstockan this year giving a dig out here and there over the last few months. Having not ever been before and hearing all the amazing things that are planned....new chill out area, impressive artwork on top of a whopper line up I am really, really excited about next weekend.

Here's write up from The Ticket today.

See ya there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Where is the camping in relation to the stages and the car park? Cant tell from the website map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Gaspode wrote: »
    Where is the camping in relation to the stages and the car park? Cant tell from the website map.
    the car park is a few minutes drive down the road, but there is a shuttle running between car park and site.
    The camping is right next to the festival site. It's small enough taht ya can nip up to your tent anytime. And it's just about impossible to lose friends, so no annoying 'where are ya no?' phone calls :)

Great thanks.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Great thanks.

There is a steady shuttle bus and if you have loads of stuff, there is nothing stopping you dropping it off by car and going back to park. Its still a public road and all. Its going to be the best year ever as it is growing into something bigger. Site has expanded. This is not like Oxegen, or even EP..
    Its more like going down to your local with a load of new folk in town. Music is outstanding , people are nice setting is very .... PERFECT.
    This is NOT a money machine.
    Craic with good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ciaranamo

Does anyone know what the story with car park tickets is? It says they're a tenner on the website but there is no option to buy them online. Can you buy them up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Ciaranamo wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story with car park tickets is? It says they're a tenner on the website but there is no option to buy them online. Can you buy them up there?

Yeah there'll be someone on the gate when you drive in,think they give you something to put in your window when youve paid

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ciaranamo

Gillington wrote: »
    Yeah there'll be someone on the gate when you drive in,think they give you something to put in your window when youve paid

Cheers thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Yea can't wait gonna be quality!!!

Looking forward skewing the average age of attendees up a little!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Hey. I bought the 5 for 4 deal with the tickets online but we're not all going to be arriving at the gate at the same time. I have to pic them up at the box office thing, will they give me 5 tickets/wristbands or how does it work? Excited!

judgefudge wrote: »
    Hey. I bought the 5 for 4 deal with the tickets online but we're not all going to be arriving at the gate at the same time. I have to pic them up at the box office thing, will they give me 5 tickets/wristbands or how does it work? Excited!

are you on facebook? If you ask there, they shoul get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Cant wait now, going up early 2morro afternoon. Hopefully the weather picks up

Weather is looking OK. Temps in the high teens, only partly cloudy with a good bit of sun due for Sunday afternoon. Slight chance of a shower tomorrow but that's about it. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

Hey everyone, cant wait for this years festival,

Is anyone driving up from Cork tommorow with room for one more? or know anybody heading up? il chip for fuel!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

First time going, whats the atmosphere like? Is it like EP where there's social stuff going on all night?

First time going, whats the atmosphere like? Is it like EP where there's social stuff going on all night?

The atmosphere is great! there won't be stuff goin all ngiht in the same way as EP, but takin into account that it's a smaller festival, it makes sense! From last year, there was DJ in the Circus tent til late, and ya could just hang around there after anyway. there'd be little groups of peeps everywhere, havin the craic as well :)

CANT WAIT for this now. The site is all different from last year . Weather is to be good as well.

Its going to be a great Knockanstockan .

I can feel it in my bones!

Can we bring beer to this or is it on-site sales only?
    EDIT: Never mind, found the answer on the website!;)

You can bring alcohol but no glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 klaramcdonnell

First time going today and first time going to ANY music festival and I camping..eeeek. What to bring? Have heard so many great things about this fest

Advertisement