Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avent microwave steriliser..important question.

• 29-06-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just have my newborn son home from hospital and am wondering about the sterilized, i have the avent microwave one and it says its sterile for 24 hours if un opened after sterilisation but i can't find the information in the instructions about how long its sterile for if it is opened, can anyone help me?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

When my daughter came home we use to make bottle fresh and for first few weeks we just use to put back on the steriliser every time we took bottle out. Then after a while we use to just assemble the bottles but not put any water or formula in them. Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Are you talking about the bottles? You can keep them in the fridge after sterilising them for 24hrs. just keep the lids on.

The main thing is to ensure you get all the milk residue out when you wash them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They become unsterile if you don't seal them, you can put them in the fridge empty if you wish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Ahh ok that makes sense! Iv just been sterlising every time i need a bottle to be on safe side! But its time consuming so glad i know that now , thanks :D

Advertisement