Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Brown Street, Dublin 8

Options
  • 29-06-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking at a place on Mount Brown Street in Dublin 8, anyone got any feedback or what is it like to live there? Is it a nice area or should it be avoided? It is the Cammock building.

Anyone know anything about this part of the city? It seems close to James’ Hospital, is this a good or bad thing? I really don’t know this part of the city

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Anyone know anything about this part of the city? It seems close to James’ Hospital, is this a good or bad thing? I really don’t know this part of the city

Thanks.

Hi

It's very close to town, I don't know the apartments (I mean I don't know what the folk who live in them are like or if it's a nice apartment block etc.) but I know exactly where they are....and I'm pretty sure it's ok. I lived in an apartment block a couple of blocks down for a while. It was fine... where your apartments are is a little further back from the hospital stretch, which yep, can have some wino's and madsers hanging about at times...but they don't bug you really, they do their own thing. I find living around there it's a bit of a thoroughfare...it's not like living somewhere more suburban with cafe culture or anything like that, you walk up the street to get in or out of your abode and there's not a lot else to do, it's not that sort of area, so depends on your lifestyle choices. It suited me cos I was always just heading into town to do stuff!

What I also liked about it was if you're into getting out for a run or some fresh air, the Phoenix park is near enough so you can still get some park life in if you need it. The proximity to the city is fantastic as is the bus service (5 mins of an evening into town), you're pretty much on a main stretch in. If you're into walking, it's about a half hour walk. It's a busy road there for traffic but it flows pretty much ok most of the time. There are far worse places to live, is what I mean (but I can't say I know anyone in the apartments or I know what it's like to live in them and every apartment complex has it's own dynamic, maybe someone else here can help with that ;)) Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

I know someone who lived in the Cammock building they said it was quiet, people doing their own thing. Brian Cowan owns an apartment there but don't let that put you off!
    Good location near to the luas, the IMMA is near by the grounds are v nice good coffee shop there and the art of course! The memorial gardens are a great spot for a walk you can follow the river to Chapelizod great pub called the village there. Another good pub is the Royal Oak (I think that's the name).
    James St can look a bit rough at times but is fine. Depends what you want but its certainly not a bad place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I lived in a little estate near there for 2 years.

Found it grand, safe enough and handy to be so close to town.

The Royal Oak is a great pub, it's like being down the country when you're drinking in there!

I had one bit of trouble late one night walking home alone but that was more bad luck than anything to do with the area I think as I never had any hassle ever the rest of the time I lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I lived in a little estate near there for 2 years.

Found it grand, safe enough and handy to be so close to town.

The Royal Oak is a great pub, it's like being down the country when you're drinking in there!

I had one bit of trouble late one night walking home alone but that was more bad luck than anything to do with the area I think as I never had any hassle ever the rest of the time I lived there.

Did somebody miturate on your rug?

Back on topic, not the worst place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

20Cent wrote: »
    Another good pub is the Royal Oak

SSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Thanks guys for all the help, hopefully we will be moving to Mount Brown shortly.

Advertisement