Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get a unique mobile number, if so, how?

Options
  • 29-06-2011 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi,

Hoping somebody can help me (obviously :P)

How, if possible, could i get a unique mobile number, i.e. a number i choose?

For example, if i want the number 086 - 1111111, how would i go about it?
    Also, is it possible to get a similar number on all networks?
    I don't know how best to explain, but for example
    086 1111111 - O2
    087 2222222 - Vodafone
    083 3333333 - Three

Etc...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Basic answer is no because the networks dont own the numbering system, they are allocated them from comreg. You can ask individual networks, and they can check their allocation but they might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I know two brothers who have the same number only one is 086 & the other is 087.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you can't, chances are someones already got them and they're corporate numbers, you're not the first person to think of it either, I have a number that would fit the bill but you aint gettin it :P

mickdw wrote: »
    I know two brothers who have the same number only one is 086 & the other is 087.

have seen that a few times, people have the same number with a different prefix on the same account sometimes too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You can, they're known as gold numbers. I think you've to be a corporate to get them though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

All the Eircell employees back in the day got the good numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mickdw wrote: »

Ye there is a lot of people who do have them from the past, but not as easy nowadays. o2 even had a free service dedicated to "naming your number" where you could do exactly this, choose a number that matched your birthday, name, business or whatever but it was pulled.

Davy wrote: »
    Ye there is a lot of people who do have them from the past, but not as easy nowadays. o2 even had a free service dedicated to "naming your number" where you could do exactly this, choose a number that matched your birthday, name, business or whatever but it was pulled.

mostly because it was a pain in the arse because people were trying to get numbers that were already gone and people kept trying to steal the numbers and get sim changes done (theres a particular group of people notorious for doing this) and everybody thought they were the first person to ask for the most obvious numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Particular group of people who likes to have wheels under their place of residence I think

Advertisement