Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fifa 11 Manual League Xbox

Options
  • 29-06-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭

right guys, im thinking of setting up a manual league for xbox. Assisted fifa can be very frustrating, especially Fifa 11. Now Manual Fifa 11 is hard, very hard but its rewarding and its very difficult to be a cheap player on Manual, no passing around the back, no hopeful LB+Ys, no fluky shots on goal...

im thinking of setting up a modest Manual League of maybe 8-10 players. players should be sporting and play the game in such a manner.

Here is a list of proposed rules subject to change

-no weekly fixtures, players play when they can and expected to make the effort when online. if you cant play, tell your opponent if they ask, dont avoid your fellow fifa league opponent.

-not decided yet if the league will be like normal or will we forget about the in-game table and use head to head invites instead

-all player settings on manual, no exceptions

-4 Star Teams, this is to prevent overpowered teams and players like Zlatan, drogba etc

-7 min Halves just like the Assisted fifa league

-Last man tackling allowed

-Straight Red cards to be recorded in the league result post. the red carded player to be banned for 3 matches, it is up to the player to leave him out for his next 3 matches.

-2 yellow cards followed by a Red results in a one match ban. a player that has been sent off with 2 yellows to be recorded in match result and left out of next match. single yellow cards not to be recorded in result, too much effort!

-Mics during a league match are allowed and encouraged, this is a league I want people to enjoy. distracting mic tactics like shouting are frowned upon.

-teams to be kept as default formation and NO custom tactics, its a fun league remember. players allowed to go Ultra Defensive, Ultra Offensive or anything in between. however, its encouraged to leave your settings on normal or higher if the scores are level. also you are allowed to change players around, if you want your striker playing centre half or your whole default bench on the pitch, work away.

-team selections will probably be first come first served from a particular random time and date.

Post me what you think of the proposed rules and if you are interested in joining. thanks very much. the success of this league will depend on your interest, participation, good humoured banter and comments,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Sign me up! Looking forward to playing some really satisfying manual games. Wait til you see my amazing shooting wide from 3 yards (ala lamps in clubs).

GT: Parawind
    Boards: Parawind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

thought this would be getting a better reaction to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Obviously Manual is too hardcore for the masses :D.

Either that or people don't bother visiting the forums during the off-season of the league.

Probably a bit of both.

Kirby wrote: »

Either that or people don't bother visiting the forums during the off-season of the league.

Probably a bit of both.

spot on Kirby, people are afraid to have fun with fifa! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Kirby wrote: »

Probably a bit of both.

Not too hard for the PS3 crowd :P

• Advertisement

bigred100 wrote: »
    Not too hard for the PS3 crowd :P

the xbox crowd are pussies, i should know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I played a game earlier on to see what it's like! :eek:

Holy **** it's hard!
    2 yard shots suddenly become impossible.

I played a game earlier on to see what it's like! :eek:

Holy **** it's hard!
    2 yard shots suddenly become impossible.

but when a move comes off, its so much more satisfying. you can pull off passes and shots that are simply impossible to do on Assisted. Games feel far less scripted and more natural.

anyone there?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I'll join this, although I will need lots of practise. Just tried the manual settings, and i think they are more fun and free.

GT; Mr Pacov Krispz

• Advertisement

I'll join this, although I will need lots of practise. Just tried the manual settings, and i think they are more fun and free.

GT; Mr Pacov Krispz

thanks Paco, will need a good few more players first to get this going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 davekl12

Yupp.... I'm definately up for this! I need to stumble across a wealth of manual players to compensate for my cringes at the sad array of assisted players.

davekl12 wrote: »
    Yupp.... I'm definately up for this! I need to stumble across a wealth of manual players to compensate for my cringes at the sad array of assisted players.

saly, i doubt this is going to get off the ground.

you are welcome to add me though, corcaigh09 is the gamertag and leave a short message with your request, could play a bit of manual.

played some assisted Ultimate Team today, laughed at how bad it is to play. lost the final of a tournament 3 headers to 2 headers lol

Advertisement