Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hotelconnect

• 29-06-2011 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭

Not a happy person.
    Found out from the hotel I have booked for my holiday that this company has gone bust .I dont know what to do now.I only found out an hour ago.The travel agent didnt get in contact with me .I have premier travel insurance got alright.Am I covered ? I booked through a local travel agent who used Hotelconnect to book the hotel.The hotel said I have to pay AGAIN and the second payment will be refunded .Not liking the sound of that too much .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You need to get in touch with your travel agent - as they are the person with whom you have a contract?

I can't say if your travel insurance offers any protection as I do not know the details of your policy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I only read my emails while a go and it was the hotel that told me .I will go to the travel agent tomorrow.I have premium travel insurance.It says in the booklet that 'Third party supplier Insolvency ' is covered up to two grand.I am hoping that I will be ok.

Thanks to the one reply.Cant believe more people dont know about this or give a damn either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eternal wrote: »
    Thanks to the one reply.Cant believe more people dont know about this or give a damn either.

I would imagine as you paid the travel agent directly who then used hotelconnect that your contract is with the Travel agent and surely they should be refunding you or fixing the booking for you.

To be fair though eternal have you considered that taking your frustration and anger out here is not the right thing to do? People will be less inclined to help you or offer advice ye know. It could also be the case people don't what you should do in this instant.

Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Eternal,

Did you book a package through the travel agent or was it the hotel only?
    Package constitutes flights and another ground product (generally hotels).
    90% of the time the agent will not actually pay hotelconnect (or the hotel supplier) until after the client has travelled so you should be ok without having to go near your insurance as it is the agents responsibility to sort out an alternative (assuming you booked a package).

If you need any more info drop me a PM.

Tip.

• Advertisement

The travel agent is sorting it out.Sorry for the attitude was a bit upset when I heard.Thanks for replies.

Advertisement