Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hildegarde Naughton is new city mayor

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Cool, hope she does a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Would ya?!

On a serious note though, congrats, there's a load of clems that could have got the job and she's on for keeping Galways Round Abouts which I'm happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Was that not Fernando Torres? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

She's gonna clean up this town once and for all...

...9174.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I'm not a FG supporter but think she'll do a good job.
    Congrats Hildegarde!

dr-reilly-and-hildegarde-naughton-ida-dinner-may-2010.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Kudos for hanging around with Zack Galifinakis' dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

The mayoral chain hangs well on her :D , nicer than the usual beer belly that frequents many councillors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The mayoral chain hangs well on her :D , nicer than the usual beer belly that frequents many councillors

I did not notice that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Jesus, I really can't believe the comments about this. Our new mayor makes a practically libelous statement sometime back (which I should add, I actually agree with and think it would not be far from the truth), then hasn't the balls to stick to her guns and with her craving for power agrees to apologise as like most politican's she has no principles......or least one's that they will stick to:rolleyes:

However, I don't know why just two particular councillors (Peter Keane and Donal Lyons) took exception to her statement but said she must apologise for said statement before they'ed vote for her as mayor in the usual democratic "pact". However, these two beauts then said the apology wasn't what they were looking for and wouldn't vote for her but lo and behold she still gets in as mayor so in the heel of the hunt I presume they voted for her:rolleyes:

Great local representation as always!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

It ain't libel when it's said within the Chamber. But she shouldn't have apologised

• Advertisement
Advertisement