Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a limit to the number of times you can port your number?

Options
  • 29-06-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

My O2 network contract recently expired so I ported to Three Pre-Pay. I'm considering porting to Meteor after a month.

The reason for porting is that I have an iPhone 3G and want to switch to an iPhone 5 when/if it comes out this year. I know that O2 and Vodafone have good coverage in my area and want to test these two networks.

From what I've seen so far, Three has reasonable coverage, albeit not as good as O2, in my area.

I want to be able to jump on the best offer at the time of release without worrying about coverage issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No. No limits that I'm aware of anyway. Jump away ;)

Some networks like O2 wont consider you a new customer unless you've ported off their network for at least 3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

of course there are no limits that would be a violation of human rights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

cookie1977 wrote: »

Some networks like O2 wont consider you a new customer unless you've ported off their network for at least 3 months
    Nope :P

As soon as I heard of the Golden Sim offer, I ordered a few 3 SIM's and ported my number, my brother's and my dad's numbers over. Then from there, ported them all onto the "Golden SIM". Now we're all back on our old numbers and we have free calls and hopefully texts soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

mtb_kng wrote: »
    cookie1977 wrote: »

As soon as I heard of the Golden Sim offer, I ordered a few 3 SIM's and ported my number, my brother's and my dad's numbers over. Then from there, ported them all onto the "Golden SIM". Now we're all back on our old numbers and we have free calls and hopefully texts soon enough!

What's this golden sim offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

mtb_kng wrote: »

Well yes actually. Although I wasn't clear. What I was referring to in relation to the 3 month new customer classification was for bill pay customers only. To get new customer offers on bill pay phones you have to be off the network for 3 months or more. But you're right pre pay have no such issues.

The golden sim is an offer of free o2 to o2 calls and texts with out the need for a top up. All you have to do is port your number to O2 from another network.

Details here:
    https://sim1.o2online-media.ie/GoldenSim.aspx
    and here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056277296

But it's over now I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Needler wrote: »
    of course there are no limits that would be a violation of human rights

Violation of human rights? Really? You wouldn't consider that a bit of an over statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

RangeR wrote: »
    Violation of human rights? Really? You wouldn't consider that a bit of an over statement?

Grave violation of one's most basic human rights.

Advertisement