Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opportunity to do Radio/Media in UCD?

Options
  • 29-06-2011 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Do you get much of an opportunity to work on the radio and newspaper stations in UCD? I know they don't do any media degrees so I was wondering can you still build up some experience while you are there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

WatchOut wrote: »
    Do you get much of an opportunity to work on the radio and newspaper stations in UCD? I know they don't do any media degrees so I was wondering can you still build up some experience while you are there?

There's two University Papers with monthly editions, Belfield FM, Film Soc who make film shorts and Campus Television Network, all of them are student run.

So in short, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

pljudge321 wrote: »
    There's two University Papers with monthly editions, Belfield FM, Film Soc who make film shorts and Campus Television Network, all of them are student run.

So in short, yes.

PHEW! :rolleyes: Thanks for that. Was worried I wouldn't be able to get any experience if I end up going to UCD. Are the TV station and Radio a part of the societies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

WatchOut wrote: »
    PHEW! :rolleyes: Thanks for that. Was worried I wouldn't be able to get any experience if I end up going to UCD. Are the TV station and Radio a part of the societies?

Belfield FM is not a society but however if you are interested in getting involved with them, they will probably have a stand at freshers week where you can sign up to get involved.

CTN is a society, they will have a stand at freshers week.

Advertisement