Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funds Question

Options
  • 29-06-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭

Right lads basically im going to have about 3200 euro or so in my account & 250$ in cash when im going to australia on tuesday. I have a return flight booked so if somehow i manage to get stopped and have to show proof of funds would i be refused entry ?

I heard from everyone they barely ask but just incase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

ASOT wrote: »
    Right lads basically im going to have about 3200 euro or so in my account & 250$ in cash when im going to australia on tuesday. I have a return flight booked so if somehow i manage to get stopped and have to show proof of funds would i be refused entry ?

I heard from everyone they barely ask but just incase.

you will be fine i have never heard of anybody been stopped for check of funds, if your worried that much just bring a statement from your bank or even show them a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

You'll be fine.
    The funds are asked for so you can book a trip out of Australia (and dont go sponging).
    You have a return flight so you'll be fine!
    They never really ask anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cheers lads, I was told that anyway but its just their in the back of my mind haha

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Are your funds in oz already? I transfered them a few days before i left but something went wrong so had to ring aib from oz to do it again. Was about another week after i landed when it came through. Id bring more than 250 cash in case of emergency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 greenline

Apart from being afraid of being stopped though, you do need some cash to get you settled. Just noticing the reference above to sponging. That is not an option. If you run out of cash here you are entitled to nothing. Nix. Nada. (unless you go to St Vincent De Paul or similar). If you are sorted for somewhere to stay and have work lined up, I'd say you have plenty with 3 grand in the bank. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Slunk wrote: »
    Are your funds in oz already? I transfered them a few days before i left but something went wrong so had to ring aib from oz to do it again. Was about another week after i landed when it came through. Id bring more than 250 cash in case of emergency.

Nah their in my irish bank account, i just got a bank account open with NAB & ANZ so i have a choice now. Should i just go and transfer it today ?. I should be grand with the 250 cash im meeting 3 of my mates over their and one of them is buying a laptop off me so thats grand.
    greenline wrote: »
    Apart from being afraid of being stopped though, you do need some cash to get you settled. Just noticing the reference above to sponging. That is not an option. If you run out of cash here you are entitled to nothing. Nix. Nada. (unless you go to St Vincent De Paul or similar). If you are sorted for somewhere to stay and have work lined up, I'd say you have plenty with 3 grand in the bank. Enjoy.

Yeah i have mates who have been their 3 weeks before me. Luckily enough their all in decent paying jobs now and are looking to get a house/apartment to accommodate all of us. So hopefully that should be sorted either soon or within a week of arrival. I have 2 years bar work xp & my RSA then 1 year working in a warehouse. All backed up with references from each of the jobs so hopefully i can find a job quick enough.

I have another question do airports accept any currency ?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

hey guys
    sorry to jump on your thread ASOT but just wondering something similar myself.
    the only difference is I dont have a return flight booked..i am spending 4 months travelling before i get there...so is it the same with proof of funds i.e as long as i can prove ive enough to provide for a while and get a flight out of the country if needed that should be fine?
    Thanks
    Karen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

hey guys
    sorry to jump on your thread ASOT but just wondering something similar myself.
    the only difference is I dont have a return flight booked..i am spending 4 months travelling before i get there...so is it the same with proof of funds i.e as long as i can prove ive enough to provide for a while and get a flight out of the country if needed that should be fine?
    Thanks
    Karen

Yes, you'll be fine,

Advertisement