Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair outer pain of a double glazed window?

• 29-06-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Firstly, not sure if I should be posting this in the DIY section or Construction or Planning so mods - please move if you feel its appropriate to do so.

Someone cracked the outer pane of a relatively small kitchen window. Is it possible for an amateur to repair? If so, can anyone point me to any info on the subject (i've had a quick search - but no avail)?
    Otherwise, anyone know what it's likely to cost (rough approximation) - the window section that was damaged was the part that open's out - so it must be something like 0.8 x 0.5m (i'm not at home now ...so will have to check and come back and edit this with correct measurements).

I don't suppose anyone knows someone in the west of ireland (east mayo) that does window repair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

You will need to replace both the inside and outside pane, as both come as a complete "unit". It's a relatively straight forward job for those in the know and with the right tools - look in your local yellow pages for glaziers.... They will measure size, (including thickness of unit) to ensure a correct fit.
    Al....

Advertisement