Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody heard strange things about the old mill in Phibsboro?

Options
  • 29-06-2011 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, I'm interested in knowing if anybody out there every heard about strange goings on in the vicinity of the mill in Phibsboro in Dublin 7? I think it's converted to apartments now. There's a bakery beside it.

The reason I ask is that I heard that it used to be a workhouse before, and when I was staying in the area as a student I head that another student staying in the building used to see apparations.

Also, where I stayed, the house had a slight disturbance one night. We heard a voice coming from the upstairs part of the house, which we thought was another guy who was sharing with us. It turned out later that he hadn't arrived that evening and the upstairs was deserted. Understandably were a little on edge after that, and then we heard a crash coming from the upstairs area again. Exactly like a table filled with cutlery and crockery being raised one inch off the floor and being dropped. We fled the house after that, although we went back the next day!

Just wondering if anybody else had any, for want of a better word, 'experiences' in that vicinty?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BoySnowie

that ll be very interesting as we ll move into the top floor next week at the Old Mill. Hope we won't get much disturbance there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I'm going to move this to paranormal, might get more reponses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I lived in the top floor looking out on Phibsboro Road very corner apartment overlooking the canal. The windows used to rattle at night a lot eerie place. Always felt a bit uncomfortable there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I'm not trying to discredit you or your experience but based on the quote below from yourself would cause me to question the validity of the experience as its seems that it may have been embelished from what originally happened and might be easily explained.
    How can you know what the sound was if you weren't there to see it happen and how do you know it was 'exactly' an inch off the ground. There are many sounds that sound exactly the say but can be produced in many ways.
    Exactly like a table filled with cutlery and crockery being raised one inch off the floor and being dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ziycon wrote: »
    I'm not trying to discredit you or your experience but based on the quote below from yourself would cause me to question the validity of the experience as its seems that it may have been embelished from what originally happened and might be easily explained.
    How can you know what the sound was if you weren't there to see it happen and how do you know it was 'exactly' an inch off the ground. There are many sounds that sound exactly the say but can be produced in many ways.

Relax, I think he was merely trying to convey the sound to us!

• Advertisement
Advertisement