Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl offers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

De Bhál wrote: »
    I'm heading up to Rathmines at one o'clock to pick up the bike stand.

Anyone on here been up there in the last hour or so?

Wondering was there any left.

no stands left in Rathmines. I asked staff and nothing out back either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

My very wonderful wife just picked a stand up for me in the Grange road shop, some still left there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

One less bike stand in Blanch according to Mrs Rat...

Probably mean's I'll have to start doing more bike maintenance though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Ant

There were 12 work-stands left in Cork St as of 5pm this evening. Also, plenty of cycle computers but the clothing was mostly limited to Large and XL sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

got the computer really good for 8e :D
    took a pass on the bike stand this time! maby next time they come around ill treat myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Got the stand and the base layer in Coolock early this morning. Finally got a very good stand for a bargin basement price having missed it the last time around :D

The base layer feels great when it's on. Looking forward to trying it out with all its "technology" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There were still a tonne of workstands in Rathfarnham at closing time last night, probably around 20. The stuff in general doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves, so probably no harm to wander down and have a look if you were worried that you missed these.

Haven't opened the workstand yet, but it's a heavy mofo. Not sure if I'll have room to use it at home, but for €35 you can't really go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What does the puncture canister actually do? I picked it up on a whim and threw it into the saddle bag - is it only for emergency puncture-repair purposes - do you need to bin the tube afterwards?

Good question. I just assumed it would be grand. Anyone who's actually used one know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've only used one for motorcycles. Afaik, it effectively puts a "coat" on the side of the tube to hold the air in. It's only a temporary fix as this "coat" will dissolve and degrade over time. So you'll have to patch the tube when you get home. There should be no real problem with reusing the tube, though the air from the can will likely be flammable. So remember not to smoke while fixing a puncture on that tube in future!

I would be surprised though if it's any good for road wheels, as IMO unless you can get the tyre up to 80PSI, you won't be able to go more than 1 or 2km without getting a pinch flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Got a bike stand in Lidl on the Headford road in Galway when they opened at 8am. They had about 35 on display at that time. I haven't opened the box yet to see what it's like.

I got a baselayer vest as well and it seems pretty decent.

I assembled the bike stand last night, it was done in 2 minutes.
    I am absolutely delighted with it. It's very sturdy and for €35 it's a fantastic bargain.
    Oh, and the baselayer vest is really good too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

God that brings me back. Remember they even had a red version of these too

I still have 2 pair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

There were still plenty of stands in Baldoyle yesterday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

For those down southish.
    Lots of gear left in Lidl Kanturk this morning.
    Either they got loads in or everyone loaded up the last time around.
    Anyways, lots of workshop stands left. (I've one from ages ago, very solid except the wheel retaining arm yolk is ****e, nothing a few cable ties didn't fix)
    Loads of every size in the vest thing.
    same with the socks.
    Tons of the rain jackets, there even some on discount from the last round in the bargain bins.
    lots of locks.
    Loads of the repair canisters, (which seeing as I only read the comment above re:80psi, I've 4 too many :eek: )
    A few pumps,
    very few tool thingies,
    a few of the bike kick stands.
    Didn't see any of the wireless odos. (no surprise there)

Bertie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Went to Lidl in Blanch yesterday but no stands left.

Clonee is actually a very close to blanch so I went and checked the lidl there. They still have loads of the cycling gear. I got one of the many stands they still have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Slydice wrote: »
    Went to Lidl in Blanch yesterday but no stands left.

Clonee is actually a very close to blanch so I went and checked the lidl there. They still have loads of the cycling gear. I got one of the many stands they still have.
    Funny i was in there thursday morning and there were only about 8 left out, they must have had a load in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOHN_70

9-10 stands left in both the Fermoy and Mallow stores, this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

plenty in donegal town this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

If anybody around dublin though they missed out on a bike stand, there are still about 10 left in lidl Clonee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

found this stand for sale on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Cycle-Repair-Maintenance-Stand/dp/B004GHF4YU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lp_3

anyone else think they look very much alike?

Advertisement