Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another headphone thread

• 29-06-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Will keep it quick.

HD 205's bit the bullet today, cable is ****ed. Will fix, but thats by the by.

Need to replace them tomorrow in dublin. I really like them, would love to upgrade to 25's but thats a little steep atm with other purchases.

They were 40/45 in HMV, I'll go up to about 60 or so right now. Can anyone suggest a similar set of cans with a better cable?(205's have a 3m long uber thin one). Would much prefer something with a curled cable of a reasonable diameter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Lethal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

can you not replace the cable on the sennheisers?

failing that, think a pair of sonys - the black ones - mdrv500 have a curled cable. i think they go for about €60 - €70 - i could be wrong though.

failing that again, sony mdrv300 - small, cheap and cheerful at about €30 in hmv or peats. they should tie you over till you can get back up and running again.

check out the usual suspect bricks n mortar places if you are on a budget - hmv, peats.

arrnotts are having a sale at the moment. you could pick up a bargain in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I said feck it and bought the WeSC bongos for €67. They're not bad, but nothing great either, couldnt really expect more from a compact closed can. Low profile and discrete though so I may well keep them despite 30day returns policy. They're bass weighted but the bass is muffled slightly :rolleyes:

I will be fixing the Senns, with a better cable, but that'll be post oxygen most likely and I have a gig tomorrow and dont want to be tempted to bring out my DT990s after that.

Advertisement