Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WEDDING DEPOSIT WOES

• 29-06-2011 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

:confused:I need help. We put down an initial deposit of 5oo euros on a wedding venue where the deposit is officially 1000 euros and then on sunday gone we paid another 1500 euros. we now think that we have been too hasty in our wedding venue choice and feel we arent getting as good a deal as we would in another venue. We havent signed and returned the contracts so were wondering what our rights would be on getting all our money back , it does say in the contract that deposits are non refundable but im hoping that if we havent signed contracts that we may be in luck . we should get the additional 1000 of the 2000 euros back anyway seeing as the deposit is 1000 euros but worse case scenario is that we get only 1000 back but migth it be possible that we get the full 2000 back or even to meet half way and get 1500 back? wedding is june 2012. any advice greatly appreciated.....please :o(I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Why did you hand over 2,000 if the official deposit required is only 1,000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 millyjilly

We thought it would be a good way of paying off money as we go. silly i know and hindsight is a great thing etc but we havent signed conracts so might this go in our favour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It probably depends on how the hotel interprets the definition of 'deposit' - as in does it refer to the minimum deposit or any money paid over as a deposit?

You'll be needing to consult a solicitor if they refuse to return any of the money. You might also consider how you're going to explain why you've changed your mind about the venue, if you just say you want to go somewhere else they mightn't be in much of a mood to give you your money back.

If I was you I'd make up a story about some close relative having a serious illness and you can't risk setting a date for the wedding so you'd like to put the wedding on hold and in the meantime you want the deposit back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

just tell them the wedding is off.

Advertisement