Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to shooting

Options
  • 30-06-2011 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Well all.... i am new to shooting and new to dis to so bare with me... looking for info on basic shooting... how cartridges work, which best to use ect... gear ect???

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

LAWD wrote: »
    Well all.... i am new to shooting and new to dis to so bare with me... looking for info on basic shooting... how cartridges work, which best to use ect... gear ect???

thanks

You have just asked a question on a par with, "what's the meaning of life?"
    Go to the red section on top of shooting page, and also search Irish shooting laws on the shooting forum.

You will need to be more specific to get a more specific answer

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=466
    as you can see there is plenty of law to sift through first

There are hundreds if not thousands of books and videos on the subject matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 LAWD

i know all the basics and laws and all that information. have recently bought meself a gun and do be out shooting rabbits and lookin for some information on cartridges, prices which to use etc. am currently using 7.5s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

i know all the basics and laws and all that information. have recently bought meself a gun and do be out shooting rabbits and lookin for some information on cartridges, prices which to use etc. am currently using 7.5s

Several threads on here about shells. Just do a search in teh forum searchbar

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_15_37&zenid=17cf47ce0209fdd85a3992f07a4732ac
    The above is a good price barometer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

i find im getting clean kills with 30gr 6s on rabbits. used 5s but they were a bit overkill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Advice,

Buy (or borrow a few) a box of of each load, stand 25-30 paces back from a suitable timber target and place the shots beside each other and then examine the spread and depth of penetration. - I done this on my first outing against a tree (sorry huggers).
    You could try some clayshooting for practice ect.

Remember - the devil loads the gun once a year - so treat it like its always loaded unless broken & double check all aspects of safety regularly.

enjoy...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 LAWD

i was wondering how much would you pay for a slab of 5 or 6s... i got 7.5s for €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

i was wondering how much would you pay for a slab of 5 or 6s... i got 7.5s for €40
    I get them for 6quid a box

Advertisement