Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D games

Options
  • 30-06-2011 1:52am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I wish to try out some games in 3D, anybody played any here and can suggest some good ones to try out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,320 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,002 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ocarina of Time 3D? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I saw Starcraft 2 running in 3D at the Eurogamer Expo last year and it looked pretty good, although not so good as to make me want to invest in the technology to run it in 3D...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This blew my mind when I played it back in the early 90s - they used to have one in the Belgard Snooker Club.

Modern 3D games do nothing for me, I have a 3DS but almost always turn the 3D off. The only game that it adds anything to is Ridge Racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,002 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've heard the 3D in Ridge Racer was crap?

It's really beginning to show signs of use in OOT 3D. Normally I can't stand 3rd person platforming. However with the 3D on it gives you a much better sense of jumping forward. I'd imagine it's going to be great for the new 3rd person mario games due out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

OOT is a good one, as suggested by several people above. If you have a 3D TV, COD Black Ops and Crysis 2 have a 3D mode on both the 360 and PS3 (probably PC as well, but not to sure), so they may be worth a go if your like shooters.

I had a go at the COD Black OPs in 3D on the 360 last night, coincidentally. I only played for a couple of missions, and it was pretty decent. Will have to give Crysis 2 a go as well soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's pc, forgot to say. ome games looks deadly in the test slideshow, driving and ighting and such, just dunno what they were. :D

thanks guys, keep it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Black Ops, Left4Dead, Fallout3, are fantastic. Some of the racing games are the most impressive, but it's not a genre I play much...

If you go to the Nvidia control panel, it actually has a list of games rated from 'not recommend' to '3d vision ready', with ratings in between and details of what's incorrect or missing in 3d mode on those that have lesser ratings. For example, I played Halo 2 in 3D and it's rated as 'good', the only error was that the gun model was missing, so you basically only had a crosshairs and muzzle flash, otherwise it was perfect. Most newer games have either good or excellent ratings, and problems tend to be more about lighting/shadows in certain instances then something as glaringly obvious as a missing gun model.

Are you playing in stereo or anaglpyh? Anaglpyh is actually decent considering, but you're very aware of the whole blue/red thing....stereo is much better and easier to play for considerable periods.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

no idea which way i am playing :p

i have l4d 2 and 2, must get fallout again. it looks amazing on racing games

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Minecraft is surprisingly awesome in 3D :P

Also, give DiRT, Bad Company 2, Resi 5 a go. They're all brill. Most other games make me nautious though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Black ops
    Killzone 3 (amazing in 3d)
    Mortal Kombat 9

I have all of the above and a 3D tv and they all work great. Takes a bit of tweaking to get everything perfect but it is possible for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Alice - Madness Returns on the PC is brilliant in 3D

thanks guys!

minecraft?! lol

has anybody got youtube working with it, or 3d movies on pc or tried into make 3d clips from 2d videos?

I cant get the youtube 3d working, i have FF and html5 and the glasses come on but nothing happens apart from it showing two videos side by side...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I cant get the youtube 3d working, i have FF and html5 and the glasses come on but nothing happens apart from it showing two videos side by side...

Put your TV/Monitor/Graphic card or whatever in side by side mode. There are also several other 3d display options on Youtube 3d.

dunno how you set up that mode, I'm trying to do stereoscopic where the frame are played left then right, on top of each other

Black Ops, Left4Dead, Fallout3, are fantastic. Some of the racing games are the most impressive, but it's not a genre I play much...

If you go to the Nvidia control panel, it actually has a list of games rated from 'not recommend' to '3d vision ready', with ratings in between and details of what's incorrect or missing in 3d mode on those that have lesser ratings. For example, I played Halo 2 in 3D and it's rated as 'good', the only error was that the gun model was missing, so you basically only had a crosshairs and muzzle flash, otherwise it was perfect. Most newer games have either good or excellent ratings, and problems tend to be more about lighting/shadows in certain instances then something as glaringly obvious as a missing gun model.

Are you playing in stereo or anaglpyh? Anaglpyh is actually decent considering, but you're very aware of the whole blue/red thing....stereo is much better and easier to play for considerable periods.
    can you play in anaglpyh on 3d vision set?

I play in stereoscopic, tried l4d2 and tf2 so far

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Alice - Madness Returns on the PC is brilliant in 3D

Got this, gf is now playing as a person that looks like her, chasing a cat around streets in 3d...I mean, she is playing her life out on the screen :pac:

dunno how you set up that mode, I'm trying to do stereoscopic where the frame are played left then right, on top of each other

Well, if your seeing 2 images, then you need to put the TV into side by side mode, which seems to be what your trying to do. You will need to look at your manual or google how to do it.

Hey thanks! This is a monitor and 3d works everywhere apart from youtube. Films, images, games. I'll keep messing about!

• Advertisement

Hey thanks! This is a monitor and 3d works everywhere apart from youtube. Films, images, games. I'll keep messing about!

Maybe try this page:

http://www.youtube.com/select_3d_mode

and try the following modes:
    Interleaved rows, columns or checkerboard

or

HTML5 Stereo View (including NVIDIA 3D Vision)

and see if they work with your monitor.

Thanks have tried all them, hmm! think i'll make sure html5 is working or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have the same problem, keeps telling me I'm not set up or whatever for html5 even though it's supposedly the 3d vision endorsed method....it tells me to try watching the video on the main youtube page, and whenever i click the link, voila, movie is in 3d....annoying though. More hassle than I had expected.

Started playing Bioshock 2 in 3D a few days ago. By far the most impressive so far, thanks to the the amazing art deco style....effects like rainwater on the HUD are jaw dropping in 3D. It's like standing out in the rain with glasses on...give it a go and you won't be disappointed.

It says I set it up right and bam, nothing happens, heh. must get bioshock 2, sounds great!

Is it meant to be capped at 60 fps for 3d? When i launch a game it will be 120 fps and that will half when I turn on the stereoscopic. It won't cap games for anaglyph.

Advertisement