Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Learn: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Should add the special edition DVD character ones, some basic/advanced tricks for all characters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Nice one for this, just wondering how many people will have never played 3S before OE. I have played it once or twice but never really sat down with it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

mackg wrote: »
    Nice one for this, just wondering how many people will have never played 3S before OE. I have played it once or twice but never really sat down with it properly.

I do have also played it once or twice.

You could say, functionally speaking that I've never played it though, since it was against Ramza.

I pressed buttons but they didn't do anything; because I was already dead.

(Actually seriously I also played Terry during a day of champions and nearly beat him.)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

People shoulding begin learning by buying SFIII New Generation, this will get them used to the parrying technique and the decision-making which comes from choosing from multiple Super Arts. It will also give them a feel for some of the new faces...

They should then try to get their hands on SFIII 2nd Impact 'Giant Attack' which introduced EX moves to the SF dynamic (these were only previoulsy seen in the the Darkstalkers series, from Night Warriors onwards...).

They should then finally move onto SFIII Third Strike (Fight for the Future) which debuted the red Parry feature and Q.....these must also be learned.

Good luck and Godspeed you World Warriors!!

(or New Generation!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

GUYS, just follow KIKI's path and you too can one day be a champion and talk trash to me *cant wait for OE to rip apart kikis dreams+red saturn pad*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

@Ramza: I can't remember what they're called on youtube, could you find & help transcribe the tricks in them?

@Ken_B: I disagree completely, as 3S has a different "flow" to its predecessors. It's like asking someone to learn Alpha 2 if they want to play Alpha 3.
    Parry in 3S is easier; SF4 players understand EX moves; red parry is hard to use even at high level; and Q is easy to beat ;)

@Placebo: Who knows, I might be learning stick by that stage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Heh i've turned it on a few times over the last while but i'm still pretty bad, i fail a DP maybe 1 out of every 3 times i try it, but i'm exspes on ggpo, am online now but in ssf2t room not the 3s room, i will remind you, i suck very bad :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ken B wrote: »
    People shoulding begin learning by buying SFIII New Generation, this will get them used to the parrying technique and the decision-making which comes from choosing from multiple Super Arts. It will also give them a feel for some of the new faces...

They should then try to get their hands on SFIII 2nd Impact 'Giant Attack' which introduced EX moves to the SF dynamic (these were only previoulsy seen in the the Darkstalkers series, from Night Warriors onwards...).

They should then finally move onto SFIII Third Strike (Fight for the Future) which debuted the red Parry feature and Q.....these must also be learned.

Good luck and Godspeed you World Warriors!!

(or New Generation!)

What home consoles so I need to play all these versions? I think 2nd impact was on the dreamcast but where should I get New Generation?

tuxy wrote: »
    What home consoles so I need to play all these versions? I think 2nd impact was on the dreamcast but where should I get New Generation?
    NG & 2I are on the same Dreamcast disc.

However, do yourself a favour and don't play them if you want to learn 3S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I woudn't bother with either of the previous two games if you're just interested in learning 3s competitively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Also wasn't parrying introduced in 2I?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

You're thinking of EX moves.

Edit: IMO the best thing to do right now if you want to prepare for 3s:OE is to get on GGPO and start playing every day. Use save states and the offline client "ggpofba.exe" to master execution and then play matches online! By the time OE comes around you'll be a gosu.

Just keep playing blinn and dreddy in particular have learned very quickly and with ggpo it's very accessible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Blinn wrote: »
    IMO the best thing to do right now if you want to prepare for 3s:OE is to get on GGPO and Start playing every day.

QFT, for every fighting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

A-Trak wrote: »
    QFT, for every fighting game.

It's obvious, I agree, but I speak to people regularly who tell me that they're looking forward to 3sOE but won't play on GGPO. It boggles the mind, though I understand if you can't get it to work because of a bad router, etc, etc.

ArcLive is good for people who have router problems etc, it doesn't use ports or some crap

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    p.s. This one's for Farz

Kiki, you cant even beat my ****ty ORO and you go on about how better you are at this game then me. Granted i'm not the best but dont let the lack of practice fool you. I cant wait till this game actually gets released so that you can move on to some other third class mugen'esk game.

why dont you just pick chun, why are you trying to be COOL by picking Q.
    stop complaining and pick CHUNLI and get to SBO, cause its easy.

scream.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Placebo wrote: »
    why are you trying to be COOL by picking Q.

I was going to pick Q because I like his outfit...
    :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm prob going to pick it up, pick Remy, try to learn charge partitioning and parrying, then never play it again :D

• Advertisement

Doom, you should learn Urien.

No joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Wow GGPO is extremely confusing to use, is there any kind of beginners guide ?

Urien for the masta players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Wow GGPO is extremely confusing to use, is there any kind of beginners guide ?

http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1001

It looks harder to set up than it is. Works quite well once you get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Really looking forward to this release on xbox 360,even though I can't play it for crap.
    I've heard a while ago that you know an SF4 player plying it because they just spam jab a lot. Tha'ts me so.
    When is it released..summer sometime?
    Mr Google can't seem to answer me

Really looking forward to this release on xbox 360,even though I can't play it for crap.
    I've heard a while ago that you know an SF4 player plying it because they just spam jab a lot. Tha'ts me so.
    When is it released..summer sometime?
    Mr Google can't seem to answer me

No release date yet afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Monkeyto wrote: »
    I absolutely love the way the artwork exclusively features all the nobheads who made it to SSFIV AE, as opposed to actually having some of the utterly unique SFIII characters such as Elena, Remy, Q, Necro, Oro, Urien, Aelx or Hugo.......really appreciate that.

Capcom......YOU ROCK!!!!!

Ken B wrote: »
    I absolutely love the way the artwork exclusively features all the nobheads who made it to SSFIV AE, as opposed to actually having some of the utterly unique SFIII characters such as Elena, Remy, Q, Necro, Oro, Urien, Aelx or Hugo.......really appreciate that.

Capcom......YOU ROCK!!!!!
    Alternative interpretation:
    it features all the Top-Tier Whores (TM) that you'll be playing against.

p.s. I'm learning Elena/Alex/Q.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Alternative interpretation:
    it features all the Top-Tier Whores (TM) that you'll be playing against.

p.s. I'm learning Elena/Alex/Q.

lol at your rants Kiki. Welcome to 1999

Advertisement