Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I remove this LNB?

• 30-06-2011 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

To make a long story short :)
    was up on my roof the other day with the idea of replacing the old sky dish single LNB with a dual LNB to recieve freesat in different rooms. When I got up there I noticed the LNB was not what I have seen on other dishes...

this seems exactly the one I have on my roof:
    LNB (my currently installed sky lnb is a grundig)... I am trying to get my head around how I remove this so I can put a standard new dual LNB up like this

I already bought the plasic type of holder that holds the dual LNB into place (pretty much something like this , but i dont know how to get the current LNB off as its totally enclosed in plastic... any help? theres no screws or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Firstly to remove the lnb, look under the bar and there should be a small plastic pin holding the lnb in place. Use a small flat screwdriver to push it out, and then pull the lnb and holder away from the dish and it will slide out of the bar..

However the lnb you have purchased is not a proper lnb for a sky dish and so may not give you a proper signal.

You would be better off getting a Quad lnb for your sky dish rather than a dual lnb, they are usually around the same price..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

well the proper dual lnb i bought is a fortec star dual lnb from maplin?

so they dont work that well with sky mini dishes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

LighterGuy wrote: »

so they dont work that well with sky mini dishes?

No you need an lnb specifiially designed for the sky dish

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Fortec Star Lnbs are not for sky dishes they are designed for round shaped dishes. I'm continuosly informing my local Maplin store of this but it falls on deaf ears plus they are way too expensive when it comes to LNBS I recently send a customer back with a dual lnb which they charged €60 for...

I hate english companies that come over here and charge us double than our English counterparts..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

LighterGuy wrote: »
    well the proper dual lnb i bought is a fortec star dual lnb from maplin? so they dont work that well with sky mini dishes?

That isn't a dual LNB anyway. It's a twin-output LNB. Maplin got it wrong.
    Read this page http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement