Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Seekers or BTEA advice please

Options
  • 30-06-2011 3:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am planning on leaving my job in the coming weeks. I would ideally like to go back to college and finish a course i started about 10 years ago, but i simply couldn't afford to do it unless i was entitled to some sort of welfare payments.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of what i might be entitled to in regards to social welfare or back to education allowances and then rent allowance also.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I left for the same reason and my depression got worse and now I am slowly a bit better as I am facing up to it and really admitting it to myself and getting proper treatment. The Docs say that I have severe Bipolar and I need to consider a career change from my stressful high hours job. I am looking for something that does not need sustained mental energy as I just cant handle it and I go bananas and my inhibitions go out the window (dangerous and destructive way to be)

The only thing I will say to you is that my depression did not go away with the job so be careful it is not just depression and you might be blaming the job. The nature of depression is that you will focus on one thing and think that when it is gone you will be ok.

Now don't get me wrong. You know you are not happy in the job so leave but if you can stick it out until you have another job then you might be better off. You can get treatment while you are working (different job). I would have been better off doing that.

Saying all that your health is your wealth and noting is worth going in to a place that is miserable. Money is only money and don't mind people who don't know what it is like to be depressed just telling you to get on with it. That's why the suicide rate in Ireland is so high. If you want treatment then you will have to push for it and that is not easy when depressed.

Best of luck with what you decide. You can maybe go to your docs and have a few weeks old and see how you feel when not in the job.

Advertisement