Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 black helicopters

Options
  • 30-06-2011 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

the last 3 days i have noticed 3 black helicopters in dublin bay. they fly from the docks direction, follow the coast to dunlaoire then fly out in the direction of the bailey lighthouse in howth. each time there was a stena line ferry coming into Dublin port, in turn each of the helicopter hovers about 20ft over the bridge of the ship (while its moving) the first one will wait for the second and then they will both fly back into the docks area and land, leaving the third helicopter to fly around the ferry for about 10min then he follows them and lands.
    Meanwhile there is a frigate further out to sea crusing around, and 3-4 small black dinghies around too. This happened once or twice each day. Very strange. anyone have any idea what could be goin on? maybe customs doin a bust or something?!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I only ever saw something like that before once, it was filming something that had a helicopter in it, and they were filming from 2 different angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Saw them close to baldonnell also saw saw some new high powered army ribs. More than Lilly its s training op for the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bebekas

I saw 3 helicopters yesterday, in Dublin 8, flying right above Kilmainham Goal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The boys and girls of Air Corps No. 3 Operations Wing. A Eurocopter 135 P2 followed by two Agusta Westland AW139's.

BTW, they're more of a dark green :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

They're out and about again at the moment - hovering over the Norman Trader for a while a few minutes ago.

I saw the 3 of them heading out from Clontarf direction the other day - it was very strange to see them flying in formation as you don't normally see them like that around here.

z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

anyone know of a case of ship hi-jacking in irish waters?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The Rangers take part in many international operations, so they are not just training for piracy within Irish waters.

I could tell you where, btu then i'd have to kill you ;)

Advertisement